DHEA

Previous topic - Next topic

blackdiamond

Not sure where to post this but I thought this might be the place.............
I'm sure there are many people using DHEA to help increase their Testosterone but maybe not as I don't see many posts about it.........
My personal trainer has been taking DHEA for 25 years and always had very strong erections......He stopped taking it 2 weeks ago and his erections stopped !!!!!!!
Coincidence ?? Maybe...... but he doesn't think so.......

Anyway I do not take it but I do want to try it.....I'm just worried about the side effects.........It's not exactly like taking Testosterone but the function of it is as a precursor to Testosterone...A substance that is converted by the body into a hormone.....Is anyone taking DHEA ?????    If so any feedback would be appreciated..........Thanks
62 years old
Onset approx 2012
Treatment-- Xiaflex,VED,Manual stretching, Traction
Started with 75 Degree bend and after all treatment
went to 15 degrees........My Doc was impressed

Paolo

Hi blackdiamond, below is a link to all you need to know about DHEA, I myself have used it in 25mg doses as any more kind of scares me a bit, and even 25mg might be too much for some!, it is a hormone after all.
If you try it then cycle it to see any noted benefits (keep a diary!)

Everything You Need to Know About DHEA

DHEA peaks about 25-30 Years of age whereupon it declines thereafter.

It does lift libido and mood however  :)

Your trainer could be abusing his dose, don't follow him however down that path.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

blackdiamond

Paolo
Did it work for you ? Did u get stronger and full erections ?  I know my Trainer was taking 200mg which is obviously higher than the 25 you were.  
62 years old
Onset approx 2012

Paolo

Yes, somewhat. I also believe L-Citrulline works for erections as it boosts nitric oxide (NO) production.

200mg is IMHO a ridiculous amount to take, ask your trainer if he got his hormones checked before taking it?

By the way your trainers erections stopping after ceasing DHEA makes perfect sense, the body expects the dose of 200mg and therefore stops making it itself, be careful, we are getting into dangerous territory here, read the information on the link I sent you, ultimately it is your choice as to how you now proceed.
I believe you are 53 Years old, yes? You may want to get your hormones checked over, if that is convenient for you  :-\

If you wish you can always PM me  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

blackdiamond

I'm 61. dealing w Dr Michael Werner in NY.......He is very good and was on the Xiaflex trials.......Has done over 150 xiaflex treatments and is totally into ED as well.
He even suggested TESTOS but no way I want to do that. I will proceed w caution ............Thanks
62 years old
Onset approx 2012

dplookin

BlackDiamond.  DHEA can and will raise your blood pressure, and that could be bad.  I wouldn't mess with that stuff, unless you are young.  It can be a problem for older people.  dplookin

blackdiamond

62 years old
Onset approx 2012

Paolo

I have and would recommend getting a blood pressure monitor, a digital one is quite cheap. I keep a diary and check blood pressure twice a week and record it, because I exercise a lot I also wear a blood pressure monitor whilst doing so  :)

blackdiamond

Thanks Paul
I too use a blood pressure monitor as I exercise regularly......Thanks
62 years old
Onset approx 2012