Melanotan (Skin darkening peptide) - Why it may help Peyronie's

Previous topic - Next topic

JayGould

alpha-Melanocyte-stimulating hormone (a-MSH) is a hormone that controls inflammation in the body, among other things. The peptide called Melanotan (used by people who want a tan) can be bought online. It has a pretty good safety profile as it has been used by hundreds of thousands of people for over a decade, with very little side effects reported.

Why could it work for Peyronie's disease?

1. a-MSH is often very low in people with autoimmune illnesses. These people often have high tgf-beta (which you probably have if you have Peyronie's). These two go together. If you increase a-MSH, you will automatically lower tgf-beta 1.

2. a-MSH increases nitric oxide. Therefore, more blood flow to your penis.

3. a-MSH raises libido and also helps with erections (so I am guessing this also helps with nocturnal erections).

4. a-MSH is anti-inflammatory and lowers systemic inflammation in the body.

My bet is that a lot of people with Peyronie's disease will have abnormally low levels of a-MSH. You can test this with a blood test to confirm it (I have done so myself, and I had barely detectable levels).

How to increase a-MSH? Quickest and most effective way is to supplement it (i.e. take Melanotan).

fredukas

Do you know of any ongoing studies using Melanotan 2 for Peyronies disease?  

JayGould

I doubt any studies of that kind would ever be made. It's a peptide and not patentable so there is no money for big pharma doing that.

By the way, for Peyronie's I would think Melanotan 1 would be better than Melanotan 2. It has weaker tanning effects but is more closely resembling pure a-MSH. Melanotan 2 is not entirely a-MSH and may have additional side effects.

skunkworks

Quote from: JayGould on August 28, 2017, 11:42:53 AM1. a-MSH is often very low in people with autoimmune illnesses. These people often have high tgf-beta (which you probably have if you have Peyronie's). These two go together. If you increase a-MSH, you will automatically lower tgf-beta 1.

Very interesting info Jay, I did not know a-MSH was low in autoimmune sufferers. Much appreciated.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

pey ron

can you please provide some trustworthy sources that supply a high-purity one?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

Paolo

See below study reference melanotan 2 and ED

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9679884

However what would be the long term health implications of using it???????

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

skunkworks

That's the thing, long term no-one knows I guess. But it has been sold on the grey/black market for a long time now with no big issues reported.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]

JayGould

pey ron - Unfortunately I do not have any sources that I can say for sure carries good Melanotan (I am not sure it would be allowed either). I will say that Melanotan is quite a short and easy amino acid sequence to make so fakes should probably be less prevalent compared to more advanced peptides.

Paolo/skunkworks - I would say that if you have less than normal a-MSH already and you bring it up to normal or high normal levels, and just stay there, then there shouldn't be any side effects at all. It's a natural substance after all (like testosterone). So perhaps start with a loading phase for 3-4 weeks with daily injections, and then move to weekly injections and do those indefinitely. I am going to try this myself and report back with any possible improvements.

TonySa

although I could use the side effect of spontaneous erections, lol, it sounds like M-1 is the way to go w lower side effects.  Can anyone pm me if they've found a good distributor for peptides?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.