STAGE Surgery with Dr Kuehhas

Previous topic - Next topic

qwertyman

Good afternoon all,

Booked in for surgery next week with Dr Kuehhas for congenital curvature.

It's something that has been on my mind for many years (I'm 22). I have an upward curvature of around 40 degrees, and although it hasn't held me back from intimacy, my erections have always been very strong and point upward more. Coupled with the curvature sex can therefore be somewhat limited.

I've been reading on this website on and off for years now, and have finally taken the plunge. You guys have been invaluable, especially those such as feufang and johniscurved for their surgery reports.

I have tried to accept the curvature as part of who I am but it's something that I just cannot let go. It's certainly had a mental effect on me.  I've tried traction devices and I'm pretty certain that, at least for congenital cases, it's pretty useless.

Please give me your opinions, even if you believe I'm making a mistake. I would like to hear your opinions. I would have no qualms about pulling out (pun not intended) of the surgery but from the hours upon hours of research I've done over many years I feel it's a good decision.

I'll keep you guys updated as I progress.

Take care,
Qwertyman

phantasoic

Hi Qwertyman,

I'll be having STAGE surgery in the next couple of months and worried about the potential length loss more than anything.

Could you update with you pre-op stats (long side and short side lengths) and your stats after surgery?

qwertyman

Good evening all,

I had the consultation with Dr Kuehhas today. Great guy, both empathetic and professional (plus quite humorous too!).

I have been diagnosed with a 50 degree dorsal curvature. No signs of plaque/scar tissue and my blood flow was apparently exceptional.

I have the surgery tomorrow morning. I am quite anxious, but it really is my only choice to eliminate the problem once and for all.

I'll keep you all updated as I progress.

Take care,
Qwertyman

kusher

Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

qwertyman

Good morning guys,

Just underwent the surgery with Dr Kuehhas. Although I haven't seen him yet according to the surgical assistants the surgery went quite well, and took between 1.5 - 2 hours.

Not feeling nauseous or particularly dizzy, and although there is some numbness of the penis at the moment I've been told by several members of the forum that this is to be expected immediately after waking up from the surgery ( literally only woke up about 5 minutes ago).

Was extremely anxious in the run up to the surgery but the team here are fantastic, and in fact the aneathetist gave me a little sedation just before going under that calmed my nerves within seconds.

I honestly feel like I've just had a great nap.

So, here begins the first major step in what will hopefully be a successful journey.

Thanks for all your help, and I'll keep you updated of course.

Take care,
Qwertyman

phantasoic

Glad to hear the surgery went well mate. Hope your recovery is speedy with minor retraction :)

Paolo

I second phantasoics comments and wish you all the very best  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

LWillisjr

I support what you are doing. 40 degrees is borderline in terms of being able to have intercourse. OF course it always depends on the direction and firmness of your erection. Hope all goes well for you.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

qwertyman

Hello everyone,

It's been a few days since the operation and things are going well.

I have pretty much full sensation on all of the penis. There's no noticeable bruising on the penis shaft and only a small amount on the scrotum which is going away quickly.

The glans is still swollen, and the incision site has pretty much healed. The bottom half of my foreksin (beneath and around the top) is swollen and purple and bleeding slightly, so I've been advised to regularly compress both that part of the foreskin and the glans too.

Blood flow is good, a few erections last night that woke me up. Took some painkillers and managed to get a few hours rest. There is some pain on the stitch sites and around the glans. It's tolerable but is also quite uncomfortable.

I can urinate well, I do have to put in a bit more force than I'm used to but that will pass once the head stops swelling.

I've also been prescribed medication (painkillers, antibiotics and androcur).

That's pretty much it for now. Been changing the bandages with Dr Kuehhas daily.

More updates to follow.

Regards,
Qwertyman

zoli1995

Hey qwertyman,

Great to know everything is fine until now. Follow the doctor's instructions and I wish you a quick recovery!

nsbent

hi qwertyman
i am suffering from a congenital penile curvature and i was wondering if i should go and see Dr Kuehhas. I have been to some of my local urologists... they all said i should undergo a Nesbit procedure. As you can imagine i am not particularly keen to do so... especially because all of them admitted that they do less than 10 penile curvature surgeries per year. vienna is not too far from belgium but i just want to make sure that dr kuehhas is the right man for this problem. i only have one penis. i am sure you had the same doubts at the beginning. according to your posts things are evolving as planned. i am a bit worried that dr kuehhas will not be available for me, as he is not living in my city. how is your follow up so far with him? am i worrying too much? any input from your side would be much appreciated!
thanks

qwertyman

Hello all,

Just a quick update. Recovery is going well, pain SIGNIFICANTLY reduced by day 6, managed to sleep without the use of painkillers. Was only woken up once due to an erection which quickly passed after urinating.

Full sensation as I said earlier. Glans swelling has gone down significantly and is much less sensitive. I've been able to walk around and travel comfortably. I've found feufang's advice was useful, to give the head of the penis one single light wrap with the bandage to help absorb the fluid and also further reduce sensitivity.

Quote from: nsbent on September 05, 2017, 10:38:26 AM
hi qwertyman
i am suffering from a congenital penile curvature and i was wondering if i should go and see Dr Kuehhas. I have been to some of my local urologists... they all said i should undergo a Nesbit procedure. As you can imagine i am not particularly keen to do so... especially because all of them admitted that they do less than 10 penile curvature surgeries per year. vienna is not too far from belgium but i just want to make sure that dr kuehhas is the right man for this problem. i only have one penis. i am sure you had the same doubts at the beginning. according to your posts things are evolving as planned. i am a bit worried that dr kuehhas will not be available for me, as he is not living in my city. how is your follow up so far with him? am i worrying too much? any input from your side would be much appreciated!
thanks

Nsbent, obviously surgery should be considered as a last resort. In my case it was obstructing me during sex and I felt I had little other options. I'm from Wales and Dr Kuehhas has never failed to respond to my fears or questions within an hour or so over whatsapp. My follow up with him has been perfect, everything he said I would experience symptom wise was absolutely spot on. It's both natural and good to worry, but you are certainly in the right hands with him. He performs between 150 - 250 penile surgeries a year (when I was with him I think he performed about 4 - 5 surgeries after he did mine in that week!) so he has excellent experience in his field.

Anyway guys that's all for now, will keep you updates.

Regards,
Qwertyman

nsbent

Thanks qwertyman
You have me re-assurance. I will get in touch with him. I guess it s the. Eat thing. Just go for it. What do you think?

qwertyman

Quote from: nsbent on September 08, 2017, 07:48:08 AM
Thanks qwertyman
You have me re-assurance. I will get in touch with him. I guess it s the. Eat thing. Just go for it. What do you think?

A consultation won't hurt. Here's his email: franklin.kuehhas@dr-kuehhas.at

I was in contact with him for weeks over email before I even made an appointment. Send him an email and see what he says.

Regards,
Qwertyman

qwertyman

Hey Everyone,

Another update. Today marks two weeks after the surgery.

I've removed my permanent dressing. The shaft has full sensation, perhaps a tiny bit numb following being so tightly packed for weeks but it's coming back to full sensitivity quickly.

Small amount of bleeding by the frenulum when removing the bandage that had stuck to it. Everything is a good colour, a bit darker again from the restricted blood flow.

Foreskin is fine too, I'm able to pull it over the glans. It is quite tight from a little swelling but this will subside over the next few weeks.

Shaft is a little tender when moving it or walking about. Again, this should reduce over the next few weeks.

Random pains around the stitch sites. Tolerable pain usually between 1-5 out of 10. Comes in waves, currently no pain.

Much much easier to urinate now the urethra isn't compressed.

That's pretty much it, everything has gone to plan and all symptoms I've been experiencing were mentioned by Dr Kuehhas before I had the surgery, as well as having been reported by others on this forum who have had the same procedure, so that is reassuring.

One week left on the androcur, it certainly has had an effect on my mood but that will improve come next Thursday.

Nothing else to report. Any questions just post here and I'll reply when I can.

Regards,
Qwertyman

zoli1995

Hey qwertyman,

Great to hear the progress!

I have a question though: will you use the Phallosan? And for how many months? Did you already order it & how much does it cost?

Thanks and I wish you a good recovery!

qwertyman

Hi Zoli,

I had already bought the phallosan a couple years ago when experimenting about trying to fix the curve. I stopped using it about a year ago. From what I remember it was about £250.

I will be using it come week 6 post-op. I will use it until I get as close to my original length as possible (my penis when straightened somewhat reached 17.5cm so I imagine worst case scenario to be about 16cm which is fine for me). I'm just happy to hopefully be straightened in the end.

Take care,
Qwertyman

kusher

have you experienced an erection yet? is it straight?  
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried, etc

qwertyman

Hi, no erections yet. I'm to shake them off as much as I can until week 6 post-op. The tablets are keeping them at bay although I do get them at night but the dressing stops most of the penis inflating.

zoli1995

Hey qwertyman,

Another question which I forgot to ask in my previous post. From which day on did you feel like you could do most things normally, excluding sports activities. It's important as some of us have jobs or school to attend to.

Thanks!

qwertyman

Hi Zoli,

For me it was 7 days after the operation. In my opinion you definitely need to take a week off for healing. I found it extremely uncomfortable to even walk around during the initial days after the operation so I didn't do any sightseeing in Vienna.

The pain also significantly decreased for me by day 7 to the point where I didn't need painkillers anymore.

Since taking off the bandage I've been hitting the gym again with no issues.

Take care,
Qwertyman

qwertyman

Hey all,

So I thought since my evening isn't particularly busy I'd give a quick summary of things to expect following the surgery:

1) Immediately following the surgery you can expect some numbness of the penis head and surrounding tissue. For me this wore off after a few hours.

2) For the first few nights the tip of your penis will feel quite cold. At first I was worried that this was because of restricted blood-flow but Dr Kuehhas is an expert with the bandages so you should never have to worry about that. What it is is the saline that they use to make your penis erect in the operation cooling off. This saline actually takes a good 6 - 8 days to fully drain out of the penis. For those days I was encouraged to constantly squeeze the glans (and I mean REALLY squeeze it) to drain the saline out. It feels like it doesn't help but believe me it does.

3) My foreskin had swollen significantly following the erection and was quite purple. Again, this is a normal side-effect of the foreskin sparing technique. My foreskin had significantly reduced in swelling by day 3 post-op and was fully gone by day 7.

4) Showering can really become difficult with the bandage. When in Vienna I was able to make mistakes with the showering as my dressing was replaced daily, however we don't have that advantage once we return home. I found that applying a medium-sized condom over the penis and using two rubber bands at the base to seal it worked extremely well. Try to not have water running directly down your penis to minimise any water getting in as a precaution.

5) Expect bleeding even once you take off the bandage. Although most of the healing is done in the first few days, I found that a few stitches take a bit longer. Specifically for me it was my frenulum stitch that bled once I removed my dressing at the two-week mark. Nothing to worry about, healed very quickly and now my penis is nice and pink.

6) You will be able to feel the stitches. Depending on where they are you may see them as a small pea-sized bump (I have one at the bottom of the shaft). Again, nothing to worry about, these bumps are just the stitches and will reduce in size over the next few months. They can be quite tender so it's best to not touch them.

7) You will experience mood changes, this is due mainly to the androcur. It tanks your testosterone, which coupled with the worries over the operation can make you feel down at times. This will not be the case once you're off the meds. I admit that I still have a few more days on the drugs but I can wholly expect to feel in a brighter mood once I'm off them as reported by many members on this forum.

That's pretty much it. I hope this helps. My goal with these updates is to give back to the community that helped me make the jump to surgery.

Any questions just send them over.

Take care,
Qwertyman

qwertyman

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well.

Nothing more to report now. Been off the androcur since the 21st and am getting back to my regular self in terms of mood and energy levels.

Been wrapping up the shaft every night. I am encouraged to do this for 4 weeks post-op as I mentioned. Less than two weeks to go now before I am encouraged to get erections.

My erections are becoming more strong and frequent, most especially during the early hours of sleep. The bandage helps but there is still some very very minor pain when they happen.

Showering is normal, penis looks like it did before the op now (flacid that is). Scar on the degloving site is virtually undetectable. There has been a very little amount of dead skin around the bottom of the glans when I pull back the foreskin that washes off extremely easily in the shower.

Nothing else to do now but wait and get back to normal!

If you guys want any extra info just pop a question and I'll get back to you asap.

Take care,
Qwertyman

qwertyman

Hello all, another update.

Erections have started to come back a lot this week and are quite strong. My penis is now pretty much completely straight. Currently measures at 14cm when erect. Looking forward to beginning traction on Thursday to recover some length.

I've been encouraged to stop erections as best I can but it can be quite difficult. I've noticed that my erections feel much more stronger and take much longer to go away. Not sure if this is because of the long period of inactivity or because the now straight shaft fills with blood more effectively, though I'm inclined to believe the latter is true.

There is some pain with erections at the stitch sites, but this will begin to go away more once I begin traction as well.

That's all for now, take it easy.

Qwertyman

qwertyman

Popping some champagne tonight to celebrate  ;D

zoli1995

Great news qwerty! :D

I think you still have a couple of days until the 6 weeks mark. Hold on, these are probably the last couple hundred meters! Congrats!

qwertyman

Hello all,

Only one more day until I begin traction and stop wearing night dressings.

My erections have really started to come through in the past week during the day, and they are both extremely straight and extremely strong, much much stronger than before. It's pretty unbelievable really.

Pain is decreasing by the day, and I hope it to be mostly gone in a few more weeks.

That's all really, the penis looks great and I feel great.

Take care,
Qwertyman

qwertyman

Hello all,

Post-op week 8 update. I've made huge progress over the past two weeks. I began traction with the phallosan and I am now at a solid 16cm length when erect. My erections are unbelievably strong and last so much longer. I never knew a penis could feel so solid when erect. Penis is perfectly straight as well. At first there was a small curve when erect but traction fixed this.

Sex is much better as well. There was a little soreness afterwards but I fell asleep shortly afterwards and felt fine in the morning.

Pain with erections were pretty much gone by week 7 post-op. Getting erections very frequently as well, even in public. It's harder to disguise them than I remember, whereas before I could easily press my penis under my belt because of the curve the angle makes it a bit more difficult now which I guess is a good thing haha.

I feel great and so much more confident. This has changed my life and I am so glad I took to plunge and did the operation. I urge anyone who is really feeling down because of their curve to give Dr Kuehhas an email and just see what he says. It costs nothing and may change your life.

I'll keep updating but my updates may be less frequent. I'm checking this website every few days though so feel free to send me emails. I'll be a part of this forum for the rest of my life now as you guys have changed mine for the better.

Take care,
Qwertyman

TonySa

PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

DanP

great qwertyman!! STAGE is very good for congenital curvature! this forum helped me also very much and Dr Kuehhas of course was a great man.

zoli1995

Great!

Also, about the small curvature and traction correcting it. There curvature was there probably because the erection was still not 100% and traction only helped this process. The penis is perfectly straight when 100% erect, and the doc said after 6 weeks it may be a few weeks until you get to 100% erections, that's why a small curvature can be there. I think sargus reported the same thing.

Otherwise great news coming from you, all the best!

zoli1995

Hey qwertyman,

How much does using the Phallosan prevent you from doing things in terms of time? Also for how long do you have to use it?

Thanks!

TonySa

The PMP  with the strap is comfortable to wear for hours at a time. It's  it's expensive though around $300.  Theredoes seem to be some knock offs available online for around $50-$100
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

zoli1995

So I assume it's fine using it for about 2-3 hours max at home. Walking around, sitting down etc.

Also, when using the strap, the shaft is 100% straight? From what I can see from the videos I can't tell very well. I would NOT like to induce a curvature because of it :)

In one week I will start using it so I better prepare a bit for it.

kusher

Hi zoli

Your case was virgin when you went to Kuehhas. Thus u don't have to wear it more than 3-4 hours a day.. did u buy the device from verena? If yes, how much did u pay?  

zoli1995

Hi kusher,

I still don't have it and will only purchase it next week. About using the Phallosan. I only want to use it as long as it helps with the healing. As soon as it's not required anymore for healing purposes I would like to discontinue it.

At the first consultation Dr. Kuhhas told me to use it up to 2-3 hours a day for about 3 months. Although I'll talk about this in more detail in the next visit, which will come soon.

damned

Do you really think it will help with the healing?

zoli1995

I'm really not sure about this, but I think that by stretching the penis, the scarring at the stitch sites will be much "smoother". Obviously, the stretching is being made in a straight position. I know they recommend it to revert the retraction but I also believe it has some benefits in the recovery. I have close to zero pain when flaccid at this point, even at the stitch sites. When erect, I really can't tell, since in the night I don't feel pain and in the day I never had an erection stronger than 30%.

I'll make sure to ask the doctor about the whole purpose of the Phallosan and why it is used, but I'm confident it will only help since nobody on this forum reported anything bad about it, only positive events.

qwertyman

Hello all,

week 10+ post-op update. Everything has gone swimmingly, my erections as I mentioned are very strong and last long. I've had sex several times in the past few weeks and it works great, better sensations along the shaft as well as being able to perform in many more positions makes sex so much more enjoyable.

Penis measures in at 6 inches long, 5.2 inches in girth when fully erect, so a good size overall. The shape of the penis looks great too, no bumps or hour-glassing, a nice solid even-shaped look and I love it. The head looks great now as it is able to fill with blood more efficiently.

Been using the phallosan on and off during the weeks and I feel it is helping. Will probably stop in a few weeks though.

Nothing else to report. Life has changed for the better, and I've almost forgotten what it was like to have a curved penis for 20+ years. Feel much more confident when out in the clubs and in the bedroom.

As always feel free to message me or post here with any questions.

Take care,
Qwertyman

Jonbinspain

Glad to hear all has gone as planned.

Have fun with your 'new' dick!   ;D

DanP

Great update qwertyman. Start new good life and be happy. It is life changing. It was for me.  

qwertyman

Hello all,

Just updating to say that everything is still going great. All stitches have dissolved completely (I think my last one went away about 2 weeks ago) so all I can feel now are the very small scar bumps on the shaft that are virtually undetectable.

Erections come much more easily and last much longer. I've found that I'm able to manipulate the direction my penis points more freely now as well.

Another thing that I never mentioned as well is that my ejaculations are much more strong now. Whereas in the past during sex or masturbation the force of the ejaculation would be reduced because of the curve (think of it like water trying to flow through a garden hose that is bent). Now that my penis is straight this doesn't happen anymore, and let's just say it makes sex a bit more fun haha.

I don't really feel there is much else for me to say now. I'm always around and will be for the rest of my life, this forum helped me in so many ways so it's the least I can do to give back to you guys. So if you have any questions just send them over and I'll get back to you!

Take care guys,
Qwertyman

mst

I'm really surprised that erection quality is better after the surgery.

I hope I won't be impotent after the Stage with Kuehhas because it will be my second surgery. First was Yachia two years ago.

Did you gain all your lenght back?

qwertyman

Hi, I didn't gain all my length. I lost about 1cm - 1.5cm but mine was quite a severe curve. Very happy with the result. There were many sexual positions that were simply impossible for me to do previously.  

DanP

Hi qwertyman
How is sex with straight penis? For me it was great to have sex with straight penis for first time. I recommend to use the stretcher it help me to have normal length again.

alasch

hello qwertyman
i am thinking about going to see dr kuehhas. your story has helped me a lot. although i am a bit discouraged based on my previous experiences with other urologists i think i should go and see him.
how did you follow up with him? i dont live near vienna and i am afraid that i won't be able to catch the doctor if i need him.
if you want me to PM you i ll do that.
let me know.

DanP i would love to have a straight penis like you guys. sometimes i am very depressed and i dont want to engage with my female friends... i am afraid of surgery but i know it is the only option.
i know that dr kuehhas is not a superhuman being and that he is "just" a surgeon. I am therefore a bit anxious. but i guess nobody will ever take away my insecurity since it is my dick that we are talking about.

do you guys have any recommendations what i should do to be less anxious????
:-\ :-\ :-\

DanP

alash i was in same position like you 3 years ago. i stop engaging with women until i fix my curvature. i was to ashamed.  my advice is that it is good to be anxious. i was too. my advice is to go an talk to him. is better than thinking what to do. after visit you decide...  

qwertyman

Hello all, I hope you're all well.

DanP - It's great, life has improved drastically. Not to be too cocky but I'm a decent looking guy who can be quite charming when slightly drunk so I've had a lot of fun since the op :)

Alasch - I'm always able to reach Franklin on whatsapp and he replies very quickly normally. Luckily I've had no reason to contact him other than the odd update which he welcomes and encourages.

I was the same, although I was sexually active I always had that deep insecurity of my penis. I was restricted in sex so my positions were pretty basic and not too fun for the more excitable women.

I was incredibly anxious up until the operation. When we were checking my penis in his consultation room he had my heart rate on the machine and it was incredibly high, which we both laughed about. Unfortunately there's not much you can do about that if you're prone to worrying like me, but I just pushed myself through with the operation alone (I hadn't told anyone in my family about it and still haven't).

My advice would be for you to email him and book a free skype call with him to chat about it.

That's all for now guys, everything is great as before.

Take care
Qwertyman

mst

I received my money from dr Franklin Kuehhas after sending to them couple of e-mails...

I ask the doctor, the clinic and his assistant for the prove that they actually paid my deposit to the clinic. No respond.

Then I ask them again and I gave them an ultimate for the end of the previous week. It lasted two months but finally we are done.

So I have got my money back and now I can say that dr Kuehhas and his team are honest and honorable people.  

qwertyman

Hello all,

Nearly a year on since the surgery and everything is great. My penis has nearly returned to it's original length and the erections are much stronger and last longer.

There was a minor residual curve after the surgery but this only came when I started having really hard erections. I imagine since my curve was so severe (my originals measurements are above) that residual curvature is to be expected. It's at about 8 degrees and hasn't developed since it first came about 6 months ago.

Overall life has improved. I've been hitting the gym hard and have huge gains since last year, my confidence is through the roof, work life has improved also.

This is probably going to be my last post now but I'll be checking in every now and then so please send any questions you have over to me!

Over and out
Qwertyman