New here. Need advice.

Previous topic - Next topic

kev1125

Here is my story. I'm 40. When I was 25, I suddenly acquired the "hourglass" deformity around the base of my penis. I could not identify or feel any scar tissue, just the indention running along the circumference of the shaft. This resulted in it curving upward when erect. After doing some researching I discovered Peyronies Disease. At any rate, the curve was slight enough as to not prohibit sexual activity. There was no pain associated with it, no apparent loss of length, and no discomfort for my partner. For these reasons I was never motivated to seek treatment. I just let it slide and for the past 15 years things have been good. But now I seem to be developing some new symptoms. Or at least I think I am. I'm not sure what symptoms are real and what I'm imagining, to be honest. For the past three weeks or so, I've been in some pain, although it seems to be diminishing. As far as I know, I haven't suffered any injuries. I have no problems with sexual activity, but I've noticed that my penis now bends toward the left when becoming erect. The bend isn't there with full erection, only during the erection process. I don't know if this is something new, or something that was already the case but I'm just now taking note of it because I'm trying to spot something wrong. I'm thinking it already had a tendency to bend to the left during arousal, but I don't think the bend used to be to the degree that I'm now seeing. Not only that, but the left side of my penis is where I'm feeling the pain. I started feeling around, and I found what feels like a small "indention" on the left of the shaft, and this area is where the pain feels the most concentrated. I had something similar happen about ten years ago (found a small indention), and it went away not long after. I'm hoping this one will do the same, but my current situation feels more sever, and I'm afraid its going to develop into a whole new set of problems.

That's my story. Now here is my question. What should I be looking for in terms of scar tissue? I've been reading other's accounts of finding hard lumps and nodules, but I don't have any of these. Its the one characteristic of the disease that I seem to be missing. Is it common to have a bend in the penis without any apparent scar tissue? I'm thinking that maybe I just don't know what to look for. What is the scar tissue supposed to look/feel like?

Krush

i get an hour glass shape when i am getting erect but its gone when i reach full erection.. when i can.. If the left curve is gone maybe the filling on one of your Corpus is more delayed than the other side?

My scar tissue feels like a plastic tube under the skin on the top of the shaft.  However i cant feel it from pushing on the top only if i squeeze from each side and not during any kind of erection. I attribute this to the fact the scar is on top of and surrounded by soft tissue.  I recall a mammogram commercial that showed a orange seed vs. a whole orange for detection of tumors. I imagine it could be similar for us, small plaque or scar would be difficult to locate.

I have had a couple bends in my erection my entire life i don't think it was peyronies though.. so no scar tissue. Perhaps the fact it fills first means it fills more so you get the curve?

Best of luck man

kev1125

Krush,

Thank you for your reply. So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying the scar tissue may be internal, which is why I can directly see it or feel it?  The fact that I have a bend that I wasn't born with means there's got to be scar tissue somewhere, right?  

akrs009

Hello there,

From what I know so far, I have heard that plaque can't always be felt in Peyronies. The fact that you have a slight indentation and bend in the same direction makes me think it could be mild Peyronies. Being able to feel the plaque depends on the size, location and also the toughness of the plaque. Some plaques are hard, some can also be soft.

I would say a sure shot way to find out would be to visit a Urologist and ask them to do an ultrasound. That could confirm the problem.
Hope this helps and hope you feel better :)

Regards,

Akrs