News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

First post

Previous topic - Next topic

StillHoping

I am 72 married and have had PDS for 15 years. Urologist in Harley Street could only offer surgery. Curvature does not limit intercourse and only treatment tried was ultrasound which made no difference. I have not tried any medicinal cures as early research suggested they were usually a waste of time. I am very fit, exercise daily and eat only natural food ie not processed junk.

In 15 years there has been no change and my GP always says he is unaware of any cure.

I have just recently heard about Xiaflex (ww.xiaflex.com) which is an injection into the plaque which supposedly removes the plaque. As my plaque is over the most sensitive area the surgeon I originally saw was reluctant to operate as it could affect the nerve bundle, however I wondered if anyone has any good news about Xiaflex?

Jonbinspain

I would suggest that if your current stable condition and degree of curvature allows you to still enjoy sex. And that it presents no particular discomfort for either you or your partner, I'd be tempted to leave well alone.

Xiaflex, or Xiapex in Europe, is expensive and there's no guarantee of success.  

LWillisjr

Quote from: StillHoping on August 14, 2017, 09:38:31 AM
originally saw was reluctant to operate as it could affect the nerve bundle, however I wondered if anyone has any good news about Xiaflex?

I don't remember the actual numbers, but it seems to me about 1 in 3 (33%) men saw some improvement. It was originally thought that results from Xiaflex would have been much better.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History