AHCC for Peyronie's?

Previous topic - Next topic

beechcott

Has anyone tried taking AHCC for Peyronie's? Is there any possibility that it could be helpful?

http://ahccresearch.com/

pey ron

@beechcott: what is your rationale for this?
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

TonySa

No, but that makes me wonder if Traditional Chinese Medicine has any treatments for Peyronies?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

beechcott

pey ron, the reason that I started wondering was because of the thread linked to below.

https://www.peyroniesforum.net/index.php?topic=3364.0

pey ron

it seems like NK cells have an anti-fibrotic action!!!
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with your profile info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **

beechcott

Interesting. I ownder if there's any way to get scientists interested in testing AHCC on Peyronie's patients?

Paolo

Inositol IP6 also boosts NK (natural killer) cells, I tried it for a few weeks, not long term, it seemed to boost auto immunity. Both AHCC and IP6 have had favourable 'anti' cancer benefits.

Most studies NK relate to liver fibrosis, as for Peyronie's who knows???????????????  :-\
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Tychy

This is important, if you want to try it:

AHCC did not inhibit CYP450 activity in one study; however, AHCC is a substrate and inducer of CYP450 2D6. Based on this study, AHCC has the potential for drug-drug interactions involving agents metabolized via CYP450 2D6 (eg, doxorubicin, ondansetron). Adverse drug reactions may potentially occur in patients taking psychiatric medications from the following drug classes: tricyclic antidepressants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or antipsychotics. Also monitor patients taking pain medications (eg, tramadol) and blood pressure medications, including beta-blockers, for potential adverse reactions.

Other than that seems safe. May give it a try if not too expensive.  

Paolo

My only interest in it was lung regulation as AHCC seems to have respiratory benefits  :)

It is however very, very expensive  :(
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.