Aloe Vera supplements?

Previous topic - Next topic

beechcott

Does anyone know whether taking oral Aloe Vera supplements (such as liquid or pills) could have a beneficial effect on Peyronie's?

Paolo

The only benefit I would see would be for digestion and gum health, don't think any effects for peyronie's IMHO  :-\
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

beechcott

The reason that I asked was because of what I saw in the post linked below:

Highlights of Oral Treatments - Peyronies Society Forums

In it, Angus wrote the following:

QuoteIn response to Kevin's comment about the "payload" carried by the blood, one can get into the whole issue of mental stress, aldosterone and resulting inhibition of plasmin, the body's enzyme for disolving excess plaque.  Hypertension, as well as other conditions can also result in excessive releases of aldosterone.  I think that this is important, in that if your blood is filled with a plaque friendly chemistry, no amount of vitamin E or other such approach is going to do the job.  I am currently using two approaches to deal with this factor.  First of all I am using aloe vera.  I take two aloe vera soft gels a day, one before lunch, another before bed.  They are dirt cheap.  Aloe vera is known for its ability to diminish scar tissue.  Taken internally, it has been shown to inhibit bradykinen (a smooth muscle inflamitory agent) and prostaglandin.  Additionally, it has been shown to reduce bad cholesterol, increase good cholesterol and reduce blood sugar.  I did not initially take it for the Peyronies, but rather for an intestinal ailment.  I also had severe heart palpitations which my doctor was unable to treat without resorting to draconian means.  Within 24hrs after taking the aloe, the palpitations stopped and stopping and starting the aloe turned them on and off like a switch.  I've now been on the aloe well over a year and eventually realized that the aloe might be helping my Peyronies as well.  Only the soft gels provide the above benefits, but they are very uniform and consistant, available from a wide range of manufacturers.  They also are effective transdermally.  If you cut open a softgel and apply the contents, you will notice the effect on the plaque right thru the skin.   Aloe has an irritating effect specifically on scar tissue and causes it to shrink and harden.  This effect is transient and after some hours the plaque will again soften to its former state.  It has a similar more subtle effect when taken internally, but my experience is that with continual use, the plaque eventually softens even with the aloe.  I have no proof at this point that this is a positive process, but I strongly suspect that it is and thus view aloe very positively with regard to Peyronies.  As for the safety of aloe, there are a few minor interactions mainly with steroids and people with diabetes or hypertension should be aware that it can affect their numbers, but it has been used for years as an herb and there are really no high profile safety concerns.  Beyond that lies the infamous Neprinol and its constituent ingredients which are all purported to address the issue brought up by Kevin.