More than 1 plaque location

Previous topic - Next topic

first_timer

Hi, Before I started xiaflex treatment I had a slightly painful erection which made my penis lean to the left, no curve just lean. My urologist felt around the area and noticed the plaque build up and after a year we decided to go with the xiaflex treatment. Before my first set of shots during sex and masturbation, I did notice above the point of where my penis leans my penis started to curve which was new to me. No pain at that sight but just a slight curve.

So I completed my first cycle of shot and after my very first shot I had an erection at night (while sleeping) which was very painful and my penis was very swollen and it looked pretty bad the next 3 days after. my penis hurt with an erection but the over all pain and swelling went away. (But I still suffered pain with erection). I received my second injection with no issues at all, no swelling or bruising. Slight tenderness but nothing more.

The doctor said the scar tissue actually softened up and was easier to inject the site. I still get pain during an erection and the second site that actually curves my penis hurts a lot more when i'm erect than the first site. I'm just sad because the first cycle takes months and now I have to go through the process again on a different plaque. it's really depressing. I just hope I don't have to go through all of the cycles for the first plaque so we can start treatment on the second plaque (which now hurts the most).

thoughts, advice?  

QuackAttack

1st,

I finished my 5th cycle two weeks ago. If you are expecting complete resolution of your curve and no plaque after one cycle, that just won't happen. Look for slight improvement after the 1st cycle. If you get more 10 degrees improvement after one cycle, get your URO a good bottle of wine, because that is not the norm. My first cycle was about 3-5 degrees and it has progressed 5 degrees, then another 5 degrees and now maybe 10 degrees. I went in with 50 degrees and I am guessing that I am at 25 at this point.

gringoviajero

I agree.  I too have just yesterday had my 2nd injection of the 5th cycle.  It's brutal, but resolution takes time, depending on the character and extent of the plaque, of course.  My plaque is soft but runs nearly the length of one side.  Improvements are not dramatic and overnight, but they are lasting.  Be patient, be tough, stick with it.