L-carnitine-tartrate vs. acetyl-l-carnitine—is one better for peyronie's?

Previous topic - Next topic

lmlalo

Hi guys,

I currently take pentox, l-arginine, acetyl-l-carnitine, and ubiquinol. I was reading an interview with Dr. Levine where he recommended a supplement mix called Stronvivo. I'm thinking of switching over (and keeping the pentox) but it contains l-carnitine tartrate instead of the acetyl-l-carnitine. Anyone know if one is better for Peyronies Disease than the other?

Thanks.

NeoV

Buy Citrulline and skip the arginine. I see absolutely no reason to combine them as they are combined in that supplement.

That form of Carnitine has never been studied for Peyronie's at all. The forms studied were ALCAR and Propionyl-L-Carnitine. The former showed positive results in one small uncontrolled study, and the latter showed that it did NOT work. Propionyl did show positive effects against ED combined with other NO boosting supplements. Tartrate has only been studied for athletic performance and NO boosts it may provide in muscles. All forms of Carnitine appear to do similar things regardless, but there is simply not enough information on it at this time. Although unknown to most, Carnitine does boost nitric oxide a bit and has endothelial healing properties. It also boost mitochondrial health and may lower blood sugar, which are all targets for Peyronie's. Do you need that supplement? No, is it a bad supplement? Not necessarily, but at the end of the day it's a pricey mix of three supplements and zinc and magnesium. I would rather you buy ZMA, ALCAR, and Citruline separately for a (likely) cheaper price, but you have to do the math on that and decide for yourself which ingredients you believe to be most helpful.

I'll go through more research tomorrow, but I would stick with ALCAR and citrulline or arginine for now.

lmlalo

platothefish

Thank you. I'm from the UK and there are no meds that are registered here (Pentox I am thinking as I don't have ED. Are the any reputable online sources of this?

Regards

TonySa

Can you say more about ZMA and citriuline...suggested dosage, etc?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Paolo

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

TonySa

Thanks, but I don't see any dosages recommended for Peyronies, any ideas!  tony
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.