Glans Skin Peeling

Previous topic - Next topic

Reascot

Howdy folks,

The skin on my penis glans is peeling. It looks like a snake shedding it's skin. I feel no pain from it and my penis seems to be functioning as normal.

It also happened a week ago and I thought it was due to the VED, so I stopped using the VED till it went back to normal. My glans did eventually go back to normal, but then it started peeling again this week.

The drugs I take are L-arginine, acetyl-l-carnitine, and pentox (400mg twice a day). I've also cleaned up my diet and started exercising more. I also use heat treatment (rice sock 20 seconds in a microwave), do some manual stretching, then put on castor oil. I am not circumcised so I was wondering if the heat treatment could be causing it.

Anyone had anything similar happen?  

Pressure

Sounds like BXO to me, as you are uncircumcised, the lubricant irritates the sensitive glans easily. Try a water based personal lubricant.

You can only manage the condition with creams if it flares up, or try keeping the foreskin pulled back all day long.
Age early thirties, peyronies 4.5 years

Reascot

Oh dear! BXO doesn't sound good. Peyronies and BXO, what did my penis do to deserve this?

Thanks for the heads-up. I cleaned my penis, dried it with a towel, used a hair dryer to make sure it was dry, then I put some Canesten HC (hydrocortizone) on it. I'm hoping I can keep it as minimal as possible.  

Toronto34

Reascot, I would get a doctor to check it out. I believe BXO (if that's what you have) can be treated fairly easily with topical creams early on.  

Pressure

Drying the glans is key to stop spread of the condition. Reascot, your routine does sound good to combat BXO.
Age early thirties, peyronies 4.5 years

Reascot

Went to the urologist today and he said it was eczema. He gave me some cream to put on it and advised to stop using my rice sock on my penis. I'd never had this before I used the rice sock, and I do have eczema elsewhere on my body. I'll lay off the heat treatment and see if my penis clears up.  

Reascot

It's been 10 days and my glans has been fine. I think using a sock as heat treatment was the cause of the skin peeling.
Thought I'd post an update in case anyone else gets something similar.