Pentox Cream

Previous topic - Next topic

swiss

I've seen some talk on the forum about pentox cream. I can't find the thread anymore in the search...but I have a friend that is a pharmacist and can mix me some if I can get him the pills (I have a scribe I never picked up cause I HATE taking pills for anything that's not like life threatening). Has anyone here gotten their hands on some of the topical stuff? Do you know what the mixture was? The thread I was reading pointed to a doctor in portland that prescribed the cream...I would love to get the rest of the ingredients in there.  

Paolo

Swiss, see below;

Perplexed
Voting Member
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Alternative Treatment
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 02:46:20 AM »
ReplyQuote
Sorry for the delay in replying to your posts regarding the ointment for my Peyronies.  Here are the components and quantities:

Pentoxifylline 5%
Verapamil 5%
Vitamin E 1%
Potassium Iodide 8%
DMSO 10%

The doctor agrees that using the ointment topically has a better chance of effectiveness than an oral medication.  The doctor said I won't notice any remarkable improvement for at least 4-6 weeks.  I'm in my second week right now.  

Paolo, I think the other missing percentages was co-enhancers of some sort, oil based probably
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Paolo

Swiss, also see Compounded Scar Cream | IPS Compounding

It too contains Pentox  :)

Be careful  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

swiss

Paolo

Swiss, no I haven't hence my quote to be careful.

See also my post below answering another members questions;

DMSO, DMSO based Solutions and TOPICAL Treatments - Peyronies Society Forums [Page 10]

Read the Google patent which list ingredients and percentages  :)

What you have to consider is the molecular weight of each ingredient, the skin is very good at keeping out bacteria, DMSO remember will carry everything into the skin and possibly blood stream  :-\

Don't rush into anything, for me my involvement ended with DMSO, castor oil and Iodine, but it was just too messy to do regularly.

swiss

How does it work then when it comes to lets say verapmil? Does it let bacteria and all the nasties in as well with it?

Tychy

I think bacteria are too big to be absorbed. But think you've just washed the dishes. Now you've got detergent contents in your skin. Wear that black underwear? Most likely will get some of the preservatives for the color inside. It's that nasty.  

Paolo

swiss, DMSO is a sulfur ' aprotic solvent' dimethyl sulfoxide, it should never, ever be used undiluted, to do so could cause irreparable damage to skin tissue. It must be diluted with distilled water 50-70%.

DMSO is an effective pain killer, blocking nerve conduction fibers that produce pain. It reduces inflammation and swelling by reducing inflammatory chemicals. It improves blood supply to an area of injury by dilating blood vessels and increasing delivery of oxygen and by reducing blood platelet stickiness. It stimulates healing, which is a key to its usefulness in any condition. It is among the most potent free radical scavengers known to man, if not the most potent one. It softens scar tissues.

DMSO also penetrates the skin and the blood-brain barrier with ease, penetrating tissues, and entering the bloodstream. Furthermore, DMSO protects the cells from mechanical damage and less of it is needed to achieve results as time passes as opposed to most pharmaceuticals where increasing doses are required. It has a calming effect in the central nervous system and it reaches all areas of the body, when absorbed through the skin, including the brain. That is, DMSO applied to one area often leads to pain relief in some other location due to its systemic effect.

It acts as a carrier for other substances or drugs and it also potentiates their effect. In fact, certain drugs dissolved in DMSO, such as corticoids, antibiotics and insulin, may be used in a lower dose than usual without reducing their therapeutic efficacy and in addition, their undesirable side effects are greatly diminished. Also, drugs are able to pass through the blood-brain barrier which is usually impenetrable.

As a source of sulfur, DMSO aids in heavy metal detoxification. Sulfur binds with toxic heavy metals (mercury, lead, aluminum, cadmium, arsenic, nickel) and eliminates them via urination, defecation and sweating.

That DMSO has not found favor as a remedy for other medical conditions is partly due to the inability to test it in double-blind experiments. Blind studies, as the name suggests, requires that a study be done without knowing which patient is taking the placebo or the drug. In the case of the DMSO, a blind study is impossible since the peculiar garlic-like taste and smell (no matter the route of application) gives it away and no satisfactory placebo could be devised that would mimic this particular effect of DMSO.

DMSO is generally applied to the skin in a gel, cream, or liquid. It can be taken by mouth or as an intravenous injection, in many cases along with other drugs. It has also been administered subcutaneously, intramuscularly, intraperitoneally, intrathecally, by inhalation, instilled into the eye, on the mucous membranes, and into the urinary bladder. Strengths and dosages vary widely.
If you are just dealing with pain or an injury, use a topical application. Don't drink it. Drinking it is for serious detoxing and other internal necessities. If you use a rose scented DMSO cream, chances are that nobody will be able to smell DMSO's garlic-like smell.

When you use liquid DMSO in the skin, let it dry for over 20 to 30 minutes before wiping the rest out. The skin must be clean, dry, and unbroken for any topical use of DMSO. The face and the neck are more sensitive to DMSO and no higher concentrations than 50% should be applied there. Topical concentrations of DMSO should be kept below 70% in areas where there is a reduction of circulation. When 60 to 90% DMSO is applied to the skin, warmth, redness, itching, and sometimes local hives may occur. This usually disappears within a couple of hours and using natural aloe vera, gel or cream, will help counteract or prevent this effect. When 60 to 90% DMSO is applied to the palm on the hand, the skin may wrinkle and stay that way for several days.

Once DMSO gets into the body either daubed on the skin, given in I.V., or by mouth, it permeates the body and crosses the brain barrier, so even taken orally it can improve circulation. Ideally it should be I.V.

DMSO has been used in the treatment of a number of patients with various genitourinary disorders, including Peyronie's disease, interstitial cystitis, acute epididymitis. Some have obtained dramatic and gratifying relief of symptoms.

Only purified and properly diluted DMSO should be used. When you dilute a pure DMSO solution, always do it in distilled water. When it is applied, the skin site as well as the applying hand should be thoroughly cleaned before application. This is of utmost importance as DMSO's properties allow contaminants to be absorbed through the skin and transported into the bloodstream.
DMSO is known to be one of the least toxic substances in biology (Parcell, 2002), so any serious side effects should come from potential contaminants or the intake of concomintant drugs that DMSO will carry into the body. Worth repeating again, DMSO and any substance dissolved in it, will penetrate the skin, the blood-brain barrier, and other parts of the body very fast.

Remember also that DMSO increases the effects of drugs like blood thinners, steroids, heart medicines, sedatives, etc. In addition to that, acetone or acid contamination of DMSO can lead to serious medical consequences. Be aware of this problem when buying unreliable DMSO. Make sure you purchase Pharma grade DMSO, not Industrial (cheap) DMSO.

When DMSO is diluted with water, heat is released. The bottle will be warm to the touch. This is a temporary, harmless reaction.
Since DMSO causes dryness and scaling of the outer layer of the skin, skin diseases characterized by scaling (psoriasis) could be aggravated by the use of DMSO.

DMSO2, a derivative of DMSO, is better tolerated and doesn't have the odor and irritation side effects. Despite this positive aspect, it hasn't surpassed the effectiveness, fascination and popularity of DMSO. It is also known as methylsufonlmethane or MSM.

The reason for all the above is that DMSO isn't a benign agent like a skin conditioner, yes it is safe if used appropriately, note the BBB (blood brain barrier) mentioned earlier.

The Hybrid H-100 cream being worked on may result in some positive outcome in the future, hope so  :)

swiss

Seems like some legit crap. I was going to have my pharm friend mix me some...wonder if I need to use dsmo to mix it and get the effects of the pentox topically? Thanks for all the info.  

Paolo

swiss, you are right perhaps, I just thought a little history on DMSO and cautions would be of interest.

I presume your pharmacist 'friend' has Insurance if you decide to sue for malpractice, at the end of the day its your body so with respect do as you please and be so kind to post back any positives  :)

swiss

[Full quote removed - Swiss, I just sent you a PM]

I'm not a backstabber, so I wouldn't sue a friend for doing something I asked him to do with a drug that was already prescribed to me by my doc. ;)

Tychy

Quote from: Paolo on August 03, 2017, 04:03:31 AM
Since DMSO causes dryness and scaling of the outer layer of the skin, skin diseases characterized by scaling (psoriasis) could be aggravated by the use of DMSO.

Is this at area of application or systemic? Systemic would basically make my scalp and face fall off, then :D

TonySa

Any news on the H-100 cream?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.

Paolo

On September 21st  I posted the following;

I have at last received a courteous e-mail from Harold Hoium @ Hybrid Medical saying that to 'monitor the website for updates and suggest the same to your urologist'.

I feel this product is going to be a long time b4 it is available  :(