Possible problems from a phimotic ring

Previous topic - Next topic

abc321

Hi!

I hope I chose the right board title. However, I'm a 17-year-old boy. I think I have a phimotic ring. When flaccid, I can retract the foreskin behind the glans and even a few cm:s farther away just fine, even though I can notice a "waist". When erect, I have no problem retracting the foreskin just behind the corona, but I can feel some pressure if it's retracted for a long time. And I find it uncomfortable to attempt retraction farther away from the corona. There's not a waist visible, but the skin is very tight; it's like the tight ring is constricting the shaft. The underside of the shaft kind of bulges behind the ring. The frenulum seems a bit short too, but I think the major restrictive factor is the ring. However, unless I keep the foreskin retracted for a long time, this isn't a problem to me. I can clean the area and masturbate just fine.

I'm not entirely sure about the origin of the ring. I think I had a balanitis almost two years ago, and I remember the foreskin was very tight during it, but it stretched again. It may have been originated from this or have "always" been that way; I really can't recall. Also, my puberty was delayed and the adhesions between foreskin and corona separated fairly late, so I haven't had full retraction for that long.

I also think that I have a slight upward bend on my penis, but it doesn't seem very pronounced. Thus I don't think it's Peyronie's, but being often overly-anxious about health matters, I've been left wondering (well, panicking...) if my supposed phimotic ring would cause Peyronie's or some other problems in the future. Of course, most of the time the penis is flaccid and no pressure is being applied by the phimotic ring (and even when erect it usually won't retract behind the glans by itself), but still. Any thoughts?

Paolo

abc321, below is a useful website link, it probably doesn't tell you much that you already know but you may see a benefit from it;

Home Remedies for Phimosis | Phimosis Treatment, Stretching Guides and Reviews

The slight upward bend is probably going to be congenital, and therefore absolutely nothing to worry about, IMO you are worrying unnecessarily.

If you think you had balanitis your doctor can prescribe either steroid cream, antifungal cream, or antibiotics. If you can ask your parent/s to book an appointment, that will be your opportunity to put your mind at ease.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

abc321

Hi, thanks for your input! Completely forgot to answer when I saw your reply. Yep, the link didn't provide much new information but still, I might try some gentle stretching. I don't know what caused the balanitis two years ago, but after that I've had about three courses of antibiotics for a different condition and during those courses I recall I got some red spots on the glans which disappeared shortly after I finished the courses. I think it might have been a yeast infection. It has been almost a year since the last course and on a few occasions there has been a little redness on the glans but I think that was caused by friction. Hopefully I won't need antibiotics for a while as they seem to cause the condition.