First Round of Xiaflex Administered Last Week

Previous topic - Next topic

LeCarre

I'm Type II Diabetic for more than 15 years. I've had Peyronie's for a few years less than that.

I've lost girth and length, but my curvature is near the end of my my penis making intercourse and ejaculation take a lot of work.

It began with a small lump on the top side of the middle of my penis. I noticed it when I was urinating. I finally went to a urologist who told me what it was. He hustled me out with a flyer and prescription for something that I applied topically and to no avail. He discouraged me from getting an injection of the stuff. My insurance kicked me off the prescription saying it was an off-label use. It didn't seem to work anyway. I lived with Peyronie's ever since, though it has produced a increasingly less than satisfactory sex life. My wife's experience has suffered much, but mine has. Every once in a while, I would search the internet for treatments and finally decided to see another urologist.

Last Monday, I began my first round of Xiaflex shots. My doctor used a topical and then novocaine before shooting me with Xiaflex. I had no pain during or after.

Last Thursday, I received my second round of Xiaflex shots. In spite of the topical and novocaine, the Xiaflex hurt in the extreme. These shots were near the tip of my penis, where I have a lot of curvature. The pain was a 8 out of 10.

On Friday AM, I woke out of a sound sleep screaming in pain (a 9 out of 10). I don't know what caused it, but it eventually subsided. I'm not a complainer when it comes to pain, but I passed out shortly after. My wife called the on-call doctor who listened to my symptom and description of my condition and said I was okay. I was. The next morning I woke with an erection. Unfortunately, I was sleeping on my stomach and got another, thankfully shorter burst of pain.

I don't know if the pain during and after the shots was caused by plaque or what. It's not a pain I would care to repeat.

I've been sore since, but not in pain. My penis is striped (think of a tiger) with purple bruising. Things have been good enough for me to start doing some "modeling" without pain.

Thanks.

Njnist

Keep us updated! My first plaque is exactly (from what I can tell) the same spot as yours.

QuackAttack

LeCarre,

First of all after Xiaflex, I would highly recommend not sleeping on your stomach. If you get an erection and ejaculate you stand the chance of a fracture, which is the last thing you want. I just finished my 5th cycle today and during my 4th cycle I had a scare in the middle of the night I had an erection and my URO said to gently bend downward during an erection. What happened next was frightening. I heard a pop and I thought I had a fracture because the pain was pretty intense. Went to the URO and he examined my with an ultrasound and no problem. However, what my URO said was that there are good pops and tears and bad ones. Small micro tears are caused by the Xiaflex breaking down the plaque.

What to expect is a purple package for a week or so after the second injection of the cycle. Depending on if your URO nicks a blood vessel, you will get more bruising.