Need help! Hard Flaccid and other symptoms!

Previous topic - Next topic

Laneydrews23

So this started a couple days ago, I think. I had sex, and after that I had trouble getting and keeping an erection any other time I tried. Then a hard flaccid appeared. Now, its harder for me to get an erection, and when I do, its slightly curved, its smaller, the head doesn't get fully hard, and I have a bulging vein. The vein appeared before the hard flaccid. And I have no pain with any of this, it just feels numb and weird. I don't know what to do. I'm 17. I had SOME erection issues before, but NEVER this or anything like it. I've always been a little desensitized and a little bit difficult to keep an erection sometimes, bit all the sudden its WAY worse after that one night having sex. Its a long term partner, so STDs. What could be going on?? I don't like anything is sprained, since there was no popping or pain, just randomly all these symptoms... Anyone have any idea...?
Update: Feeling some tightness at the base of my penis and kinda around it. Could it just be a sprain with no pain ?

Tychy

Hey,

welcome to the forum!
A hard flaccid is most of the time a reaction towards pain or stress. Worries not able to perform? Are you mentally stressed or had a painful episode? Long term diarrhea?
What happens is that the muscles in the pelvic floor tense up, block veins and arteries and keep blood trapped in the penis, while it usually should deflate. This may lead to uneven in-/deflation, causing a curve.

As a first respond remedy, get a hot bath and do the following exercises afterwards: Easy Stretches to Relax the Pelvis - Men - Pelvic Pain Foundation

Especially the happy baby pose is beneficial. It is crucial to do very deep diaphragm belly breaths during this.

First and foremost, ease your mind. Pressure will make it worse :)
If you experience any pain or worsening of the condition, lack of nighttime erections / morning wood, please get an examination by an urologist.

Best wishes!

PS: don't do kegels
PPS: it's late and I'm forgetting all the important stuff. Don't have sex or masturbate with an impaired erection. This is one of the major situations men get injured. When the penis is not fully hard, it may bend (one of the theories why Peyronie's is more prevalent with older people, as erection quality diminishes with age).  

NeoV

I removed hard flaccid with abstinance, as in weeks of it and NO erection checking, NOTHING, combined with gentle traction by hand. You want your blood viscosity to be higher (within safe limitations), by exercising, stretching, drinking a lot of water, and not eating so many carbohydrates. Nattokinase made my penis extremely elastic, and made my heart beat disappear. It was very odd, and I think it was when I combined a moderate dose of it with pycogenol. Be careful with this kind of stuff, but consider trying a medium dose of both supplements. Consult with a doctor and check around to make sure your taking safe doses.

Tychy

Quote from: NeoV on July 14, 2017, 09:44:55 PM
I removed hard flaccid with abstinance, as in weeks of it and NO erection checking, NOTHING, combined with gentle traction by hand.

I think this works best when you have a pain-feedback loop going. Pain is first introduced, aversion and tension is the reaction leading to hard flaccid, leading to more pain because of inflexibility.

If it's an anxiety / psychological pressure problem, it may not be so easy, as you take away the action that is the center of attention, reinforcing negative thoughts about "not being able to". Obviously, don't have sexual action when you are in pain!

And abstaining for weeks at age 17 would have made me puncture doors before going through them, so there's that :D

Toronto34

Yeah, this sounds like Pelvic Floor tightness/dysfunction. With some guys it goes away fairly quickly, but it's important to relax and not get too anxious or stressed (I know, easier said than done). A few things can trigger it, but from my reading, anxiety and stress are what's causing the underlying issue of a tight pelvic floor.

I agree with the NeoV and Tychy that it's probably good to abstain for a bit (sex/masturbation/orgasm will keep those muscles tight) and avoid kegels, while trying to do reverse kegels. I would exercise, but maybe avoid deep squats and intense core workouts for a bit.

Of course you should definitely see a doctor. You might also want to see a pelvic floor physio therapist if the problem continues.

Tychy

You can also try digital biofeedback.

Put your finger at the pelvis or outside of the anus (if that's also spasmed for you). Register the tension. Just don't try to relax, be simply aware. If it starts to relax, say to yourself "I'm relaxed", if it tightens, say "I'm tightening up".

Do this once a day when you have the time. Over time your brain will associate the keywords with tension or relaxation and you can use them to trigger each response. Also, awareness will make you more easily notice chronic tension.  

HelpABrotherHeal

There's good info here.
This helped me realize that this is what I'm suffering from, if not peyronies

RichardRider01

If you want answers, Please help us by filling in your signature block

Click here for Directions