Egydio procedure

Previous topic - Next topic

Dared

What's the difference between this grafting procedure and the regular grafting procedure? Also, does it work well if you have large areas of your penis covered by peyronies plaques? I'm considering getting this done but I dont know much about it..

csm101

LWillisjr

I don't know if there is a "regular" grafting procedure. There are several A common procedure several years ago was "Excision and Grafting" In this case the scarred tissue was excised (removed) and actually replaced with natural or synthetic tissue.

My understanding of the Egydio procedure is that shallow cuts are made across the scarred tissue, allowing it to "relax" and leave the original tissue in place. This procedure is less invasive of the other grafting procedures.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Dared

So this procedure would be a no go if you have ed. Its really only to correct curve?

csm101

wow if thats the case its a fancy name for the same procedure i had done in late June. I've post some pics I will post more after first follow up on Aug 12th.

Yes you should have good blood flow to the penis, not necessarily 100% I was given a colour Doppler ultrasound where they inject a drug into the penis a watch the blood flow live on TV as my URO said. If you can achieve a erection with drugs then this will work for you. Those are my thoughts.

Dared

I can achieve and erection with drugs but like 70% of my penis is scarred... I also have minimal to no curve so I'm not sure what benefit I would get from this if any?

Jonbinspain

Dared;

The difference as L Willis alluded to is that generally The Egydio Technique involves incision and grafting, where necessary. Excision of troublesome plaque is also used at times, but only when absolutely necessary.

Studies showed that Excision presents a higher risk of post-operative ED.  

csm101

Dared,

You should get the blood flow test done and see exactly where the plaque is etc. I had large plaque on the top and a small one on the bottom. The procedure only take 60 to 90 mins 60 for me perhaps 90 for you.

takesix

It's most definitely not just a fancy name. It's simply a geometrical approach that allows for the most length and girth gain during remodelling of the penis via grafting. The old methods that almost every other surgeon uses is empirical in nature.

Also, Check this out:

A Geometric Model of Plaque Incision and Graft for Peyronie's
Disease with Geometric Analyses of Different Techniques

http://www.sciencedirect.com.sci-hub.cc/science/article/pii/S1743609515307827?showall%3Dtrue%26via%3Dihub

Dared, if you have no curvature but scarring, then surely you must have penile shortening? If so, your options are the MOST technique or circular/longditunal grafting to increase length and girth. Edygio technique is for curvature, but the principles of expanding the tunica through grafting applies to straight ones as well.

Scroll down to figure 8.

http://aeurologia.com/pdfs/articulos/9238684179336-eng.pdf

csm101

Sounds fancy to me  :)

Anyways, I had the procedure done on June 29th, so far so good I can only tell you what a URO tells me, if you want to ask me anything just PM me

Dared

Takesix,
Yes major shortening probably 4 inches or so. I have so many plaques that they appear to cancel themselves out that's why no curve. Thanks for the information.