Self-inflicted but Unintentional Pee Pee Injury

Previous topic - Next topic

pman10

Alright, here goes.  I'm 32, male, type-A blood type (maybe I read somewhere that might affect plaque formation).  Physically healthy(ish), mentally borderline.

I injured my penis during a marathon masturbation session over a 2-3 day period 15 months ago or so.  Technique-wise I was using my hand like I have always done, nothing too crazy.  It was just that I did it many times over and over and over, because I am dumb.  It started to hurt a little bit all of a sudden and then started to hurt some more--nothing excruciating, just some localized pain on the underside of my shaft on what felt like the topside of my urethra at a certain point.  I was in denial for a day, tried to jerk off to make it better or to forget or something stupid like that and woke up to a nice, swollen member.  Swelling went down after a day or two, was actively healing for a month or two thereafter, then settled into the its present state and hasn't changed much since.  Since then, basically no sex (1 or 2 aborted attempts, which were aborted for various reasons related and unrelated to my issue, but not because it didn't seem physically possible) and lots of masturbatory rest (everywhere from 1 - 6 weeks).  My rested and resting member isn't painful, but the injured area becomes slightly painful, slightly tender for a day or two post-orgasm at the location of my injury which I will tell you about shortly.

Current sad state of affairs:  I have mild ED.  Erections are somewhat compromised: crap feels somewhat bundled up on the right side resulting in a dick that is reluctant to become fully engorged.  At 70-90% erection (not a lot of trouble or pain involved getting and maintaining this level, and have occasional morning wood at this level), no gross deformity and only some slight curvature down and, slightly, to the right which is the general direction of the injury. Well, 'right' is the general direction, but slightly down because crap is more f'^+'ed up on the south pole than the north, it seems.  Post-wank pain favors the bottom side, at least.

Injured area description: My right CC has what feels to me like a palpable separation of tissue which manifests as a non-uniform, (semi)circumferential ring around the area of it that can be felt.  Imagine a thick, skinlike rubber sheet the size/shape of a paper towel.  You tear it in half, then you tape it back together good as new.  Now wrap this sheet around a paper towel roll and remove the tape holding the sheet together.  The sheet is torn, but the pieces align about like they should.  If you wrap the whole thing in another thin layer of tissue, you can still feel the tear with your fingers.  Well, it is kind of like this.  The ring is on the right side of my dick in the general vicinity of my circumcision scar is something like a 180 degree arc from top (dorsal vein) to bottom (CS). The injury site can be seen below the skin and rolling sign also present.  During initial stages or erection when penis starts filling with blood, underlying pressure forces the tissue below the torn tissue out of the 'tear' (I have no idea what I am talking about when I say either 'torn' or 'tissue'--I don't know if this is fascial or aerolar tissue or on the corporal body itself, but the description is how I imagine it in my head and what it kind of feels like when I see it, touch it, think about it. Anyway, the tributary becomes a bulge momentarily as my penis begins to become erect.  During fullish erection, it returns to tributary form with two small hills on either bank.  

Current sad state of affiars continued: Penile head might or might not be underinflated.  I just noticed that it blows up quite a bit when I flex it and can't remember what normal was like before. Urine flows unhindered most of the time (not always, but even that seemed to happen occasionally pre-injury).  Perhaps my biggest issue aside from the awful feeling that my dick is weak and actively injured and not getting better: ejaculations are hindered most of the time (but not always).  Before I was a forceful shooter.  Now when I orgasm, I get a relatively weak squirt or two and then it just kind of dribbles out of the top.  Nothing retrograde, but urethra feels a bit stopped up, with some residual semen in the chamber after climax.  This doesn't happen every time, just most every time.  If I abstain for a couple or a few weeks, ejaculation is almost normal (a big old yellow load gets blown sky high).  There has also been a time or two when I shot myself in the face unexpectedly right after or a day after I had previously masturbated. Recall: the injury wraps around the right CC and, this is new information, runs (terminates somewhere) above the CS.  The visible area of the CS on the underside of my penis seems fine and I am not sure how my injury is restricting flow through my urethra exactly, but my dick only becomes fully engorged (about the only time that 100% erection is achieved) immediately prior to ejaculation and this pressure, coupled with ejaculatory pressure somehow impedes urethral flow, maybe.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a urologist at one of the better hospitals in Bangkok who seemed to know what he was doing.  He touched me a bit on two occasions, then gave me some colchicine and vitamin E.  No ultrasound or anything.  There was some language difficulty, but he confirmed that he felt an injury, mentioned blood vessel and tunica damage when I asked him what was injured, used a couple of words suggesting the opposite of 'major', commented on the absence of hard plaques, and gave my dick and I a Peyronie's diagnosis.  Post-injury, I spent a lot of time researching, running through relevant academic literature (I found very little) and have always glossed over the Peyronie's stuff because it didn't seem particularly relevant.  My injury didn't sound to me like Peyronie's: not enough pain, inflammation, deformity, unexplained onset, no hard plaques, etc.  I was more convinced I had a wound that never managed to heal, but maybe I was wrong? Why does the tissue separation seem variable?  It can open and close several millimeters depending on underlying pressure, and underlying tissue is forced out of it occasionally--surely this is some kind of open wound? No?

Anyway, I thought that every time I jack off, during ejaculation, I break open whatever healing had been done.  If this was fascial tissue, that might be why there isn't much pain or inflammation, I thought.  And might also be why it takes so long to heal, and would explain the structural instability that I think I feel.*  While I had rested for more and more weeks, I had not rested for enough weeks.  Now, I don't have a lot of faith in this 'theory', but you think if I rested for a solid 10-12 weeks that this thing might heal?  The resting goes against what the urologist told me to do, and against what you guys seem to advise for other Peyronie's cases.  Because I don't know what to do next, I am here asking you gentleman for your help.  You think I have what you have?  You think my tissue separation is not torn, unhealed tissue at all, is some sort of soft scar tissue?

I live in Japan and would like to see another urologist here in the next few months if I can find one.  Any ideas?  Other suggestions?  I have been reading the forum since last week and have been impressed with your apparent knowledge/expertise.  I'd be mighty grateful if you could help steer me in the right direction.  Thanks for sticking with me until the end.

*A while back I thought maybe if I kegelled a lot, I could strengthen whatever had grown weak.  During kegelling (with an erection), my penis felt somewhat unstable, moving in a jerky erratic fashion rather than strictly up and down.  And frequent kegelling seemed to irritate my weiner rather than make him stronger and happier, so I stopped.

pman10

Maybe my wall of text is too annoying to get through.  I've distilled down what I was hoping to get out of the community into a more manageable list of questions.  If any of you have any insight, I'd be grateful for your input.  

1)  Any merit to trying not to touch myself for 3 months?  Or is my time likely better spent doing some form of the opposite, like VED?
2)  Is my soft, ring-like 'scar' consistent with (acute phase) Peyronie's?
3)  Are colchicine and vitamin e a waste of time?  I don't mind the vitamin e, and although I don't appear to have any negative effects from it so far, colchicine is f'^+'ing toxic, so I'd just as soon not take it if it is rather unlikely to be doing me any good.
4)  It doesn't look like Pentox is available in Japan.  Any reliable methods to order this off the net?  
5)  Anyone know of a skilled urologist in Japan?
6)  Any similar experience with or insights on my urethral disruption problem?  

rich68

Hi pman10

I think you do need to see another urologist and have an ultrasound done. I couldn't find anyone in Japan on the list but someone else on the forum may know of a good doctor.

I am not sure if you could have caused any permanent damage just from masturbation so maybe it is just some inflammation or tension from the kegels. I don't know much about colchicine but it's an anti-inflammatory drug so I don't think it will do any harm if you take it as directed by your doctor.

I think a 10-12 week rest would be a good idea to help get any inflammation down.

Let us know how you get on.