Congenital Curvature

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris1

Hello,

I have a congenital penis curvature and has already been operated on Nesbit. The curvature is unfortunately still about 45 degrees. Now I've read about the stage technique. Where does Mr. Kuehhas go through the surgery? Can you recommend him? What is the length loss? Does the phallosan have to be used after surgery? I can not imagine wearing it. Does the health insurance company pay the surgery?

zoli1995

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear you still have a curvature. Is it in the same direction as it was before and is it a smaller curve?

Here you can contact Dr. Kuehhas and find out information about the surgeries he performs: Dr Franklin Kuehhas | Facharzt für Andrologie & Urologie in Wien

STAGE surgery is also very similar to Nesbit, main differences are: more & smaller excisions, absorbable sutures only, geometrical principles for deciding on location of excisions and you can also spare foreskin. Compared to an original Nesbit, it is a less risky procedure, but because of its complexity, it requires a better surgeon.

Where does Mr. Kuehhas go through the surgery?

He operates only in Vienna to my knowledge.

Can you recommend him?

Dr. Kuehhas happens to be an experienced surgeon in this field and quite a few of us on this forum have had a succesfull outcome. There are other very good surgeons as well.

What is the length loss?

STAGE claims it takes about 0.1cm for every 10 degree of curvature. You will experience retraction though for some time (about a month if used stretching) of about 2-3cm max. For you curvature I don't think you'll lose more than 1cm worst case (best case 0.5).

Does the phallosan have to be used after surgery?

No, but it is recommended. Aids proper healing process and speeds recovery from retraction.

Does the health insurance company pay the surgery?

Very likely not, it's a private clinic and most companies won't consider this as life threatening. As a personal opinion I strongly oppose this, many of us are being negatively influenced by this birth defect.

I recommend you to read about more topics here on the forum, consider other types of surgeries and doctors as well and make sure you choose a very qualified surgeon. The fact that you already had a Nesbit could make a second surgery a bit more complex.

Wish you the best.