Applying topical Verapamil

Previous topic - Next topic

sully

I was recently diagnosed with Peyronies Disease, and symptoms so far are top/bottom hourglass just behind the glans.  The urologist prescribed topical Verapamil cream 8%, which I just received and started using yesterday.  I received no instructions from the uro, the compounding pharmacy, or the script documentation... except to "apply to affected area twice daily."  

Where/how exactly should this cream go, and how much should I use?  Seems like it should be concentrated at/near the plaque areas, but something else I read says apply to the entire shaft.  The cream comes in a pump-style container, 60mg which could supposedly last up to 2 months.  But I have no idea how much (weight wise) is in a given pump.  Of course I want to use enough to maybe be effective, but not waste the stuff... it wasn't cheap.

Any info is appreciated!

csm101

Hey Sully

Use as directed, I had Verp injections and they didn't seem to help much. It did seem to calm nerves and pain a bit but after 12 injections nothing... Cream might be different hope it works.

CSM101

sully

Quote from: csm101 on June 28, 2017, 01:21:38 PMUse as directed

The problem is that I have no directions, except "apply to affected area."  Since the plaques are subdermal (if that's the right term) I'm not sure where/how to spread the topical stuff, for best chances of absorption to the right internal areas.  I would think an injection would be more effective, if it's going to work at all, since in theory the medicine is inserted right where it's needed.  But I was not given that option.

I would also like to know how water-resistant this stuff is & how quickly it "soaks" in, meaning how soon after application I can expose myself to water (shower, swimming, etc.) without it all getting washed off.  And similar question for sexual activity with my wife... I don't want her to get "dosed" with Verapamil in the wrong places, by her having contact with me too soon after topical application!

sully

I found some answers to my questions (how to apply) at this link: Optimizing Patient Outcomes On Transdermal Verapamil 15% Gel

...which appears to be from Peyronies Disease Labs, a manufacturer of Verapamil cream/gel.

Paolo

sully, I think this treatment will take up to 12 Months for positive results, if you are in it for the long haul then please post back in months to come on verapamil experience and very good luck with it  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

TonySa

I wonder if applying the gel and then DMSO as a carrier might be effective.  Has anyone tried this?
PxD 2 yrs 9/16.  Failed all treatment. 9/11/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS CX 18cm + 3-1cm RTEs.
Pump failed.  2/11/20 Dr Karpman installed Titan 22cm +1cm RTE.