News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

bi men

Previous topic - Next topic

harolde

Hello all.

I have recently also been diagnosed with Peyronies. I am 63, very fit (193 lbs), and very athletic. I am also a bi man. Are gay or bi men more susceptible to Peyronies? I have no issue achieving an erection or ejaculating. It isnt painful though I do itch alot. I have seen my urologist and he doesnt seem to be concerned. I have taken all the tests and he says my PSA is fin among other indicators. Is this disease sexual though I know that this is not an STD. I do not have an STD nor have I.

THANKS

Toronto34

It's definitely not an STI or even a sexual disease per se. For example, some guys with Peyronies are teenagers who are still virgins. Of course it can effect sexual function or be the result of a sexually related injury like a penile fracture, but most of us can't tie it to any specific cause or incident.

Basically it's a connective tissue disorder that causes fibrous plaques to form in the penis, which can lead to a curvature or possibly other physical symptoms. How and why it happens is a mystery for many of us, though we all have our theories.

As far as I know sexual orientation plays no role, though risky sexual behaviour might. I've read that Northern European men are the most susceptible, but otherwise it can basically effect anyone with a penis.

Paolo

Quote from: harolde on June 23, 2017, 02:05:14 PM
Are gay or bi men more susceptible to Peyronies?

As long as you can achieve and maintain a firm erection then that is the best protection for your penis  :)

IMO gay or bi men are no more at risk of peyronies than straight men.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.