Introducing myself

Previous topic - Next topic

hook6

Hi everyone! It's been an interesting journey that has led me here, but I'm glad I found this place.

I am 26 years old, and I have a congenital curvature to the left. I also have minor degree of counter-clockwise torsion. I've taken several measurements of the curvature (using the method described on this forum) and my overall average is about 45 degrees. If you look at it from a certain angle I also have a slight upward curvature as well.

I didn't really realize until just a few weeks ago that my condition is not necessarily "normal." Growing up, I didn't spend much time in locker rooms, and even to this day, I have never had sex. I've always had to bend the penis straight when I urinate - otherwise, the urine wouldn't make it into the toilet!

I was searching the internet for other problems involving the penis/testicles when I found Peyronie's disease. I was really worried that I had this condition, but more searching revealed that I don't have the associated painful erection/plaque buildup.

I've never been diagnosed with anything, so I guess this is a kind of self-diagnosis. But I've had this curve for as long as I can remember, so I feel pretty confident about my conclusions.

What I'm wondering about is how much it will affect sex (having never had it), should I get it corrected, etc. Also, how normal is a curve of this degree?

Toronto34

Welcome to the forum. There are lots of guys on here with congenital curvature and some degree of curve is totally normal.

From my understanding, with Peyronies at least, physicians do not even consider surgery unless it's over 30 degrees and generally anything under 45 degrees would only require surgery if it was really interfering someone's sex life (these are general guidelines). So you're in the range for that.

Ultimately, I think surgery would be up to you, whether you felt it was necessary for your sex life or to feel good about yourself. A guy recently posted how he was having enjoyable sex with a 70 degree curve, while others have straight penises but with other deformities like bumps or dents that make sex difficult. It's all relative really.

My suggestion is do a search in the surgery sub form for congenital curvature. You can see other guy's experiences there and decide if it's something you might want to consider. It is surgery on your penis though, so it's not without risks!

Paolo

Hi hook6, in my humble opinion I would seek out an urologist and see what develops from that consultation.

Presume the left curvature has knocked your confidence to seek a sexual relationship, you need to be honest with yourself and seek some professional advice, any surgery (if recommended) will, to a degree, cause shortening, but these are the things you need to weigh up for yourself.

Try and be confident within yourself and hopefully a relationship may develop, we guys worry about our penis shape more than most women can believe, or imagine.

Don't fret over your upward curve (more than likely congenital and common).

Don't rush to a decision, take your time.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

hook6

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies!

Oddly enough, I'm not sure I can say that my confidence has been less around women (although that may change - given what I know now about it potentially hurting sex, I can see why I might lose confidence).

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to pursue surgery right at this moment, at least not until I get to a point where a sexual relationship becomes difficult/impossible. If things come to that point, I will definitely consider it.

However, I am hoping I can post a few pictures (in the surgery subforum) to get some people's thoughts on whether it might cause me problems. It looks like I can't post pics until I have a certain number of posts though.

LWillisjr

You must have 5 or more posts on the forum before you can post pictures.

I agree with what has been posted already, don't rush into anything. There is a lot of information here and others willing to offer help.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History