2015 Study on Propolis and Nitric Oxide - Worrying?

Previous topic - Next topic

basebend

Hopefully someone scientifically literate on these forums (NeoV?) can help me here. I was reading a recent study from 2015 of wound healing effects of propolis and nitric oxide(NO) and came across some sentences that worried me, since I'm treating with both of these supplements.

The study: Nitric Oxide and Brazilian Propolis Combined Accelerates Tissue Repair by Modulating Cell Migration, Cytokine Production and Collagen Deposition in Experimental Leishmaniasis

The worrying and confusing part is this:

QuoteConcerning the synthesis of collagen, picrosirius staining showed significantly greater levels of collagen deposition at the lesion site in the Ru-NO plus propolis group, indicating enhanced wound healing
Wouldn't this "enhanced would healing" of collagen deposition be disastrous for us with peyronie's?

Also:

QuoteOnly the animals treated with Ru-NO plus propolis showed a considerable increase in fibroblasts at the lesion site, accompanied by the upregulation of TGF-β1 synthesis

Does none of this apply because they are treating skin legions rather than peyronies plaques? Other studies show efficacy with both propolis and NO, so that's why this was confusing to me. Hopefully someone can chime in...