Jumping the gun?

Previous topic - Next topic

JayGould

I don't seem to have Peyronie's in the sense of plague on the tunica. However, I have curvature and shrinkage. A soft/cold glans, a non working corpus spongium, continuous inflammation/pain in shaft + groin and a thrombosed vein. I am guessing my issue is that veins have ruptured in the shaft that normally would carry blood and oxygen to multiple places in my dick. But since they have ruptured, those tissues have now died from lack of oxygen/blood.

My penis continues to shrink and I don't see any other option than to install an implant, even though my corpus cavernosas work fine and I don't have ED.

Am I doing the right choice? Unfortunately no Urologist has been able to diagnose me. I saw Dr Levine but he didn't know. Dr Tom Lue did not want to see me because I had already met with Levine.

I worry that an implant isn't going to fix my issues however. Sure it will straighten it out, but will I get my girth back (I have lost like 20% of it in 6 months)? Is my glans going to work again? If the implant fails, I will have messed up irrevocably. It's like betting it all on one thing. But I feel like I can't wait either, as more and more tissue is dying and my penis is shrinking.

DN

Have you had an ultrasound to look for plaque and another to check for blood flow, ie veanous leak? IMHO if you have a degree of veanous leak and progressive curvature and shrinkage then you are not crazy in considering an implant. I am still surprised after learning about this condition and all the men that struggle with it for years that many don't even consider an implant. It's a fairly tried and true procedure and phsychologically you live your life adapting to the implant, not suffering from Peyronie's. Of course no doctor really wants to admit that your dick is f'~c<+d up. Many play it conservatively and want you to live with it. I would suggest determining if you have veanous leak, what degree of curve you have, how much length loss, and explore FT more (I've seen you there, I'm geophd). If you can't feel good about yourself and have a loving sexual relationship, then eventually you have to make a move to try to improve your situation. The implant is the nuclear option, but we won WWII with it. People said and still say we shouldn't have done it. But the whole world moved passed a dark world war because of it. It's a goofy analogy but sometimes life and happiness requires bold action, never thought that pertained to penis surgery but it just might.