Is the shrinkage over?

Previous topic - Next topic

Trashboat

My onset was 3 months ago.  I lost 1/10th of an inch girth.  And pretty much no length decrease.  It's only slightly curved, but more curved when only slightly erect.  No loss in last 2 months. Onset was 3 months ago.  

Toronto34

I think it's impossible to say. The more I read about Peyronies that more I realize that progression and outcomes are pretty unpredictable and vary greatly between guys.

I've had Peyronies for around 3.5 months without a change in my symptoms since the onset and my doctor says I go a year without getting worse than I can assume that it has probably stabilized.

Be thankful you've gone two months with no changes and with only very minimal loss (I am surprised you even noticed that!). Continue to monitor it and keep up any treatments you think are working for you.

Trashboat

Man,  i am angry. I'm on Medicaid,  so there's nothing medically i can do.  Having 3 plaques instead of 1 doesn't make it any easier. I have to get kicked off of my insurance so i can hopefully qualify for special enrollment. I guess there must be cases where people don't lose much of their size.  Hope i'm one of them.  Really want xiaflex.

Toronto34

Some guys don't lose anything or at least not much, but it seems impossible to predict. In terms of treatment, there are relatively cost efficient treatment options, like VED or Traction. It's early on for you and you don't have much loss so getting on one of those early could help a lot (as it has with some on here).  

Trashboat

Trashboat

How much do those ved things typically cost?  

Toronto34

VEDs range in price. I haven't done much research, but good, medical grade ones are $300-$500. That may not sound cheap, but it's a one time cost. Cheaper ones can definitely be available, but you should probably dish out considering what it's for. I actually don't really like VED, but it works for a lot of guys. Check out the VED subforum.

Trashboat

Would that be useful for somebody with no erection quality issues?  

Paolo

Guys, daily monitoring of your penis every morning is highly recommended, that way the slightest improvement or progression can be noted, not to obsess you understand, just a minute or so each morning  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.