Peyronies Society Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit Our Revised, & Expanded, Erectile Dysfunction Forum - Please Read. New Erectile Dysfunction Forum - Peyronies Society Forums

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Congenital curvature surgery experience  (Read 5815 times)

sargus

• Voting Member
Re: Congenital curvature surgery experience
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2018, 11:26:54 AM »

I got in touch with the doctor and send him some pics of my penis. He said that everything is fine and that I am overly cautious.
I guess he's right.
Being the way I am, I'm still going to check my penis form time to time. :)

zoli1995

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2018, 06:03:16 PM »

Happy everything is alright. I suggest you just lay back and enjoy the results. That small curve might be just overthinking or smaller erection (not fully 100%). I don't think there should be a reason for that curve to just suddenly come back. Perhaps use Phallossan, it helps with everything. Cheers.

sargus

• Voting Member
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2018, 09:43:28 AM »

Time for another update.

It has been 10 months since my surgery. Healthwise I am fine.

The situation with my curvature is as follows: I have measures at least 10-degree dorsal curvature but I think it might be approaching 15.
I've been watching some of the curvature returning over the past few months. I'm not sure what to expect for the future. This May/June it will be 12 months post surgery and then I'll see again what my condition is. If the curvature keeps returning I might pay Kuehhas a visit.

I'll keep you posted.
:)

LWillisjr

• Administrator
  • 62 y/o - 10 yrs Peyronies free
    • My Peyronie's Story
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2018, 08:08:16 PM »

Did you doctor suggest like 2 months after surgery to use traction?
Les - 10 yrs Peyronies Disease free
My History

sargus

• Voting Member
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2018, 08:37:59 AM »

I used traction device for 3 moths after the surgery. I think it helped with the retraction a lot.

TonySa

• Think Tank
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2018, 10:49:14 AM »

Congratulations on your great results.  If they hold at 5 degrees you’re all set.  I hear a slight upward curve is an advantage w intercourse and oral sex  😊
PxD 2 yrs, failed all tx. 9/18: excision, grafting & implant Dr Karpman MtnView Ca, AMS 18cm + 3rte

sargus

• Voting Member
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2018, 08:48:12 AM »

It has been 15 months since my surgery.

Strangely some of the curvature has been creeping back.
Right now my measurement shows 14 degree dorsal curvature. I use a CAD software on my PC to calculate it with the best accuracy. Since my last post I think I added 4 degrees.

I'm a bit perplexed about what is happening. I thought after 1 year post op any possible recurrence will have finished. It seems I am a bit of an exception.
I have a collection of photos taken every month since December 2017. It is clearly visible how some curvature reappeared for the past 9 months.
I'll keep observing and documenting the process. I don't know when it is going to stop, but i plan to find out :) I am considering making some sort of a sketch to show you guys how the condition of may penis has changed over the past 1 year, although it will take some work and time :).

sargus

• Voting Member
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2018, 07:48:30 PM »

I made a sketch of my curvature progression.
It was difficult to find a before surgery  picture but i tried my best.

DanP

• Voting Member
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2018, 10:03:39 AM »

Great result. You should be happy. Good job  :)

zoli1995

• Solid Contributor
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2018, 11:20:09 AM »

Hi sargus,

although I haven't experienced further progression of the curve after 6 months, I took a bit of time to read about results of using absorbable sutures.

I have found a great study, which didn't use STAGE technique, but used absorbable sutures in the same fashion.

https://www.europeanurology.com/article/S0302-2838(06)01614-9/fulltext#section0030

"Among the 114 patients, 103 (90.4%) completed the post hoc questionnaire. The long-term outcome and patient satisfaction of the modified plication procedure in treating CPC is shown in Table 3. For a median follow-up period of 41.5 mo (range: 13–91), no further recurrence of penile curvature was noted beyond 6 mo after surgery. No suture knots or suture granuloma was felt by the patients. No erectile dysfunction developed postoperatively. Seventy-nine (91.9%) patients who had difficulty or pain during vaginal penetration reported disappearance of the symptoms after surgery. Bump sensation under the penile skin was experienced in 21 (20.3%) patients, but it became more and more vague afterwards in most of the patients. Twenty-six (25.2%) men noted a certain extent of penile shortening after surgery, but most of the men were not significantly bothered by it. Very or moderate satisfaction with the surgical result was reported by 81.5% of the patients. The rest of the patients were dissatisfied with the surgical result for reasons such as having a residual curvature of more than 15 degrees (n = 16), wound dehiscence (n = 2), and wound infection (n = 1)."

Apparently using absorbable sutures can cause minor to mild residual curvature. Apparently only 14% of pacients has more than 15 degrees and a very small amount only 30 degrees.

They had a lot of these pacients have follow-up and their conclusion was that NONE of them had an increased residual curvature after 6 months.

Sargus, perhaps those few degrees that you experience truly make you an exception or it might be just that your penis took a longer time to get to the "original length" so to speak. I am referring here to the post-op recovery.

I hope this link helps and eases your mind a little. I think it's fine to keep documenting the process, but don't put too much thought into it. Enjoy what you have :)

Cheers,
Z

sargus

• Voting Member
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2018, 07:57:23 AM »

I hope you are right zoli1995.
It could be that my recovery period is just longer than most people. It is either that or maybe my penis has some regenerative abilities like deadpool :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up