Cut the tunica?

Previous topic - Next topic

JayGould

Lets say you fractures your dick so that the tunica can't expand at all like it did at one spot. When getting an implant installed, can they cut the tunica to loosen everything up? Or are you stuck with your new (smaller) size?

JohnWright

After watching a hundred videos on implants, my guess is you are in luck. But, obviously the surgeon will look at the entire picture. Good luck!!

JayGould

takesix

do you mean like fibrotic scarring? if so yes, the tunica can be relaxed

JayGould

Actually have talked to multiple surgeons and they would not be doing that. They would just insert the implant and hope it would expand the scarring outwards.

redbullmaster

It is possible as you could have the graft surgery for the bend and a implant for the ED issues.

takesix

Who have you talked to?

If you are getting an implant you want max expansion for size since you clearly mentioned it being a concern. Plus, the biggest concern with grafting or any form of corporoplasty is the risk of ED of which you have none w the implant, so definitely push for it.  

JayGould

I've talked to all the more well known surgeons. I believe they don't do grafting as there are too many risks with loss of sensation etc. However maybe if the amount of scar tissue was severe they would.

Personally I am not even sure I have scarring on my tunica. It may all be a vascular issue for me.

takesix

Loss of sensation is to do with the neurovascular bundle. Risks are largely overstated because almost all experienced surgeons know how to manipulate it carefully, but of cause it depends on your risk appetite and how particular you are about maximizing length.

I suspect the loss of sensation mentioned is wrongly quoted from cases where patients with dorsal curvature get their neurovascular bundle overstretched in an attempt to lengthen the dorsal tunica. Even a nesbit procedure on the dorsal side required mobilisation of the bundle which puts you at risk.