SI joint

Previous topic - Next topic

livinghell

I don't know how much people know about the si joint but I feel like it is the culprit of my right side of my pelvic floor being much weaker than my left. As you know kegels are to help strengthen your pelvic floor and you can find your pelvic floor muscle by stopping your urine from coming out when your taking a piss. So basically it feels like my right leg is longer and sometimes it feels weird when I'm waking. I heard that putting a heel lift under your longer leg can help try to properly push your leg back into the proper joint but even with the help of a chiropractor you might never fully get it to function properly. I saw a video on si stretch where someone laid on their back, hands to the sides and knees together bent. They then slowly pointed their knees side to side and I could feel a little pull in my groin area. I'm not sure if it's much help but I figure that strengthening and stretching the groin area will help with blood flow in the area.

Paolo

Hi livinghell, body weight squats are also helpful, they are tough and you need to go slow at first with very few repetitions, if you don't your sore the next day, any exercise that activates muscles beyond normal movements will do this.
I am going to incorporate SI joint exercise as it can't worsen things, thanks for the heads up.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Christopher1

What you are talking about is a possible "functional" short leg syndrome.

Short leg syndrome is diagnosed with a standing AP X-ray done by an osteopathic physician - not a chiropractor. A chiropractor does not know what the heck a functional short leg is.

The osteopathic physician will look at the degree of sacral base assymetry - and can easily help you with 4 or so treatments.

I doubt this will help your Peyronies Disease though. Better to just use the protocols outlined by the veterans on this website.

Good luck, brother.
Snake Diet + 5-day fasts + pentox + NeoV's stretching routine + Mito Red Light. Curvature 99% gone.

I also used Todd Capistrant's "Fascial Distortion Model" to help my curvature. Start slowly.