Considering STAGE surgery

Previous topic - Next topic

zoli1995

Hi guys, I've been reading the topics and they have been very helpful. I have about a 45 degree left bend which I believe will strongly affect my sexual life. Although I've read that sex is possible, I think it can make it very difficult.

From what I have read, most people don't recommend nesbit and I would consider the STAGE surgery. My only real problem with this is that, by taking excisions only from the tunica albuginea, how come the other parts that make the longer side longer don't come into play later? What my biggest concern is to have permanent results. I haven't found an explanation to this. Of course the surgery imposes fewer risks, because the excisions themselves are smaller. But these small cuts, how come they can affect the penis curvature so much?

I would appreciate honest answers and maybe from people who have asked this from Dr. Kuehas himself. Thanks!

LWillisjr

Zoli,
I assume since you posted here that you are asking about surgery for a congenital curve......  correct?
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

zoli1995

Jack1909

You could go for it, but before proceeding just keep in mind that every surgical procedure takes risks..
31 yrs old
Severe congenital curvature. 3 straightening surgeries
Big lump/stitch w/ left deviation after 2012 surgery
Severe ED after last one in 2014. Still crooked
Slightly improved w/ shockwave therapy
Looks like only one side of my penis works

zoli1995

Ok guys, so I finally contacted the institution. I will ask all my doubtful questions before even considering the surgery, but I believe this is the right way, considering the reduced risks it can come with.

The posts from the others have helped me tremendously in accepting my situation and even if the cost of the surgery is really big (I think around 8000 euros) I believe it is worth it for a 'normal' life.

If I do proceed with the surgery I will open a topic (or continue this one?) to share my experience.

I do have a huge question to the people who had STAGE surgery a few years ago and I'm interested in their long term results. As said, my only concerns are permanent problems (persisting considerable curvature, loss of sensation, permanent pain).