2-year sufferer. hi to all

Previous topic - Next topic

Savara

Hi to everyone. Been reading tons of information here for the past couple of months. Thought it about time I said hello!

I'm 47 and been suffering from this "one of life's little challenges" - lol, for 2 years now.

A brief description - The symptoms arrived overnight with no cause that I can remember at all - 1" loss from 6" to 5" and 70 degree bend to right (this varies though), no pain at all.
I do have a supportive partner and can still "perform" with reasonable results (well, no rounds of applause these days but she's happy) - man, you do need to laugh at this don't you?!

Treatment - have been having 3 months now of fortnightly ESWT (Lithotripsy) which is coming to an end next week. This is on the NHS through my Uro. This has resulted in an estimated 20-30% plaque reduction (my estimate) but no difference to the curvature.

Oral - I have been taking L-carnitine (1000g) and Ubiquinol (300mg) daily. Not sure of any effect on the Peyronies Disease but the L-carnitine seems to keep me more cheerful and alert!

Next steps - I am planning to use a VED that I have just ordered (Osbon Erecaid Classic). Starting when the ESWT has finished. This is through reading the advice here, not through any recommendation from my Uro. I will discuss it with them at my next appointment however.

Not sure what else to say. I do have a question regarding the use of VED and the 20-30% erection advice. Where this says "you should see some progress" - Am in eventually aiming for more than 30%? I so, what % of a normal erection?

Thanks to all the contributors. Some truly selfless people here imparting a lot of very valuable information!

PS. How would I update my age on my profile? I can't see that option anywhere..

Toronto34

Hi Savara,

Nice to see someone with a positive attitude!

In terms of the VED pumping the general rule is to not pump too much in the beginning, and according to the protocol developed by Old Man, never go above 50% at any point. I started recently and I am still not going above 20% to be honest. Anything more than that is uncomfortable at this stage.  

Checkout the 26 week protocol in the VED forum and connect with Old Man, the resident VED expert for guidance.

Good Luck

Paolo

Savara, you can (if you wish) put your age in 'personal text' under modify profile  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.