What's the best spacing of Xiaflex injections?

Previous topic - Next topic

lmlalo

My urologist and I decided to move on to Xiaflex after 11 rounds of Verapamil, in addition to Pentox and some other stuff. I have a curve of 60 degrees on one plaque and some indenting with another. He said we'll see how we go but might end up with going for four cycles of Xiaflex. He said I have two options with the cycle:

The first is what he said he normally does: gives you one injection, waits two weeks, then gives you the second injection. I'm not sure if I'd then wait four or six weeks for the next cycle to start, as I forgot to ask. The second option is the standard of one injection then another two days later and then wait six weeks.  

He said it's up to me. Does anyone have an opinion about one over the other? Does it matter?

dru92646

Hi,
Each round(there are usually four spaced 5-6 weeks apart)) of Xiaflex consists of injections spaced 48-72 hours apart.I would guess some urologists vary from the manufactures recommendations.I was too swollen and sore and they had to wait 5 days between injections on my second treatment round. Good Luck