Working after xiaflex shot

Previous topic - Next topic

Klo34

I'm scheduled to have my first Xiaflex shots next Friday and Monday. How much walking around can you do the next day after the 2nd shot or is the pain unbearable?  

Crooked_Stick

I actually had very little pain with my 8 injections. It can depend a lot on who is giving you the shot and if they wrap it and you keep it wrapped for a while. I went back to work the same day after almost all of mine. It's really not that big of a deal unless you get crazy like some people and try to use traction or VED immediately afterwards.

Good Luck!
Born 1960, Diagnosed 2013
Initial 40 degree bend, 1" loss, Xiaflex 3 rds of 2 injections
Current 25 degree bend, no palpable plaque, 1/4" loss
VED 5-6 days/week, traction daily,
TRT 20 ml twice weekly, Cialas 3 mg - No ED - Doing Well!

Willywonka

I had a course of three shots, each of .9mg, and had only mild pain, discomfort really, after the shots. I did have a full blocking anaesthetic for shots themselves though, which I thoroughly recommend.  I've had enough clumsy penile injections before to know how painful they can be if not skillfully administered. I had to compress for 5-10 minutes to keep the material in situ, but the doctor was opposed to any wrapping - he said he'd just seen too much damage from it. I didn't query the point. Good luck!
Willywonka  

beentheredonethat

i am also curious to hear xp from this. i work construction. i actuslly have to do crap