Open Questions on Peyronies Disease (That won't fit under any of our current topics)

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

Liam,

I have been all over creation today, and I am about half sick and very tired, but I want to thank you for taking the time to help me out by actually changing the subject lines on your posts.  I try to change some for people, just for the good of the forum ,but some days I am just too whipped.  It is nice to see people put forth effort to help me in my efforts to  maintain a functional forum.

Thanks again
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

ComeBacKid

Howcanthisbe,

I think your kind of panicing man and overanalyzing your penis, however I will admit this is normal and in fact I did it when I noticed my penis changing all of a sudden.  Don't worry about the vitamin E making it worse, I highly doubt it is doing that, just stop taking it for now.  I'd pick one treatment and just go with it faithfully and try to relax, your case could be a lot worse or you could be losing a lot of size like many of us.  Start with some kind of therapy like ACL or IONO and stick to that for awhile and see if it does anything.  You might try soaking in a warm bath I know for me this makes my dick grow and I think it is good to do this for bloodflow.  Hopefully help will be on the way soon from Auxillium.  ???

ComeBackid

Liam

I try to remember to change the subject line.  Often I have to edit using the "Modify".  It really helps when you go back through the posts to remember what someone says.  Just look for the subject line that matches the post.  WOW, what a concept. ;)
"I don't ask why patients lie, I just assume they all do."
House

howcanthisbe

I just realized something. Throughout at least the last 4 years I have gotton the "hourglass shape" while flacid like every 6 months. I remember about 2-3 years ago I got it bad for a few days. My flacid penis looked like it had a invisible rubber band on it that was really tight, it was really bad looking. Man im glad I didnt know about Peyronies Disease then or I would have been freaked out for sure,lol. Its interesting that I got that and it came and went, now in flacid state my penis looks 100% fine. When I got erect today my penis didnt look too bad, slight dent but nothing like it was 2 days ago. I hate waiting to see what it looks like when I get erect,lol. Its like all I think about all day. Anyways just thought I would pass that info along as its interesting to think it got that bad when flacid but now its normal.

j

Hawk, Liam, I am actually trying to get in the habit too.

PDiddy

Hello everyone I'm new here and I have to say I'm very pleased to have found a site like this. I'm 36 and have had Peyronies Disease for almost six months now. Severe pain came on with BB sized lump so I went to uro and go the news. He put me on Potaba and Vit E then said to come back in a few months. My pain is much better but still flares up especially while getting an erection. The head bends to the left about 15 degrees so it's not too bad yet. I'm wondering if I'm not doing enough to try and beat this thing. I've read about other treatments but don't want to start mixing too many. Uro said potaba will give me bad diarrhea and upset stomach but I've rarely had an episode of this since I started taking it. I hate to just sit around and wait especially when everyone says the best chance for results are during the active stage. Is there anything else I should be doing to fight this thing or prevent it from spreading? Especially against the pain?

Liam

PDiddy,

My favorite treatment is l-arginine.  It is easy to tolerate, easy to take, and has a chance of helping.  Read some of the back post.  Nobody here will recommend you take anything.  But, you can see what we are doing and have an idea of what all is out there as far as treatments.

My philosophy is to try anything not dangerous (subjective I know).

Good luck and welcome! :)

Liam
House

Mick

pDiddie:

I don't want to second-guess your uro, but after reading nothing good about potaba except for the results of their own study, and having heard that a number of uros were prescribing it, I asked my uro about it.  He said he never prescribes it because it simply doen't work.  Why, then, are uros prescribing it, I asked.  His reply was that it was the only drug "approved" by the FDA for the treatment of Peronies.  I can't say whether that's true or not.  Thought I'd let you know anyway, becasue I understand its side effects are very trying.  Anyone else have better info?

Mick

zigwyth

Welcome pdiddy to the Brotherhood. I agree. I probably wouldn't waste time on the potaba. Vit E can't hurt as long as you don't take too much. My recommendation is to try and find a Urologist in your area that specializes or has some knowledge with Peyronies Disease. There are many threads(posts) on all kind of treatments. Just keep reading. It would be irresponsible of members here to tell you what to do/take, especially if you haven't found a good Uro 1st. Expect many emotional states with this crap, but know we are going to beat this Peyronies Disease! Again, read as much as you can and you will probably safely arrive at what you feel is the best regimen and arsonal to attack this crap. Good Luck
Zig the Twig 8)

thebornless1

hi all, been visiting the forum for a while now but don't think i've actually posted til now, i have completely mashed my head with things i've read about Peyronies Disease, i've had it for 6 months now and just need Some straight answers, the more i read the more stressed i'm getting with it.I would appreciate anyone helping me clear my head cos its really depressing me now.

when is the pain gonna stop?
how long before my penis starts to straighten again?
why does everyone seem to be taking treatment for this when my doc tells me there is nothing to treat it with?
does anyone get dry flaking skin on the glans with Peyronies Disease?
will i ever be able to have a normal sex life again?

i'm 34 years old and had a very healthy sex life now i can't even keep an erection because of the pain. when is it going to stop?

i appreciate everyone here is in the same boat or has been at some point, but i am struggling to cope with this.

thanks all.

j

I can't answer all those questions, but I can say that the pain normally seems to go away after a few months to a year.  Iti did in my case.  I've never heard of anyone with Peyronies Disease for whom the pain didn't eventually go away.

SteveW

bornless1,
I am certainly NO doctor and anything I say is certainly my own opinion, founded only in personal experiences and reading and...the men on this site.

when is the pain gonna stop?
Generally, the pain fades as the "stabilization" of Peyronies Disease occurs.  All men, conditions and the time involved vary but it generally subsides.  Me for instance, it took about 4 months until I didn't dread the next hard on and at least six months before I was "pain free."  I have encountered short periods of pain again and that too seems to be normal.  The only thing I feel V Injections may have accomplished was a reduction in the pain level.

how long before my penis starts to straighten again?
Good question.  Sometimes this condition resolves itself.  In some cases, Verapamil works, pumping, stretching. topical Verapamil.  All goes back to "each man and his disease are different."  That is a large part I feel, of what makes this disease so incredibly difficult to research and treat.

why does everyone seem to be taking treatment for this when my doc tells me there is nothing to treat it with?  
It all depends on your individual condition and your own perseverance.  Many men have been to more than one and in some cases, numerous Dr's before any of them initiated any kind of treatment.  Many men on this site, (me included) are now trying experimental treatments, combining treatments and trying to come up with some action that is positive on our own.  That may be our real hope...that and driving our doctors (and the drug companies) nuts and virtually forcing them to action.

does anyone get dry flaking skin on the glans with Peyronies Disease?
That one is a new one I have not read or heard about.  Gentlemen?

will i ever be able to have a normal sex life again?
What is normal?  For anyone?  YES, you will probably learn to adapt and function with your Peyronies Disease.  I didn't notice if you stated anywhere (and I apologize if I missed the stats) how severe your Peyronies Disease is?  Degree of curve, wasting, ED problems etc.  That all predicates your ability to perform.  You are not alone.

20 years of Peyronie's / ED
Tried pills, VED, Verapamil injections, traction, Trimix & more.
Implanted 2/18/21. AMS cx 18cm + 3 RTE. Gay, 67.
Dr Etai Goldenberg, St Lous, MO
Now having lots and lots of wonderful sex!

Leopold

Not sure if this is related to Peyronies Disease or not but 8 days after I started taking Lexapro a anti depressant I developed Peyronies Disease. Anyone ever heard of a correlation between the two? I stopped taking the Lexapro about 4 days ago.  

Liam

I've been reading about this on the internet and most of the sites linked these symptoms with a fungus or yeast infection.  In any case, I would get it checked out.  Yeast infection can become very very bad in a man.  Anything else it could be probably won't be fun either.  Better safe than sorry!!!
House

SteveW

Quote from: Leopold on June 19, 2006, 07:58:50 PM
Not sure if this is related to Peyronies Disease or not but 8 days after I started taking Lexapro a anti depressant I developed Peyronies Disease. Anyone ever heard of a correlation between the two? I stopped taking the Lexapro about 4 days ago.

There's "no" medical proof, and I certainly qualify the statement, that "anti-depressants cause or contribute" to Peyronies Disease.  But the question and the sheer number of men asking this very question, makes one wonder.  Again, it's us, the guys with the condition having to do the research.  Might be a good anonymous question for our "poll" area???  

Liam

The question could be posed, is there a link between depression and Peyronies Disease rather than the meds?  Or, another way to look at it, are Peyronies Disease, depression, Dupuytren's, etc. just symptoms of a syndrome yet to be identified?
House

SteveW

ComeBacKid

I've had peyronies for 7 years.

I to went on lexapro partly because I was depressed from peyronies disease, and because of other reasons.  I was on the drug for about a year, and it really takes away all your daytime erections and makes you sleep a lot.  About one year after getting off of it, my peyronies got active again.  Has the lexapro permanently lessened the bloodflow to my member?  I never fully recovered back to the amount of spontaneous daytime erections I had before the drug either, some came back but not like they used to be.  I'm convinced the drug played some part in my peyronies worsening.  I believe the reduced bloodflow and lessened erections had a factor in my scar contracting even more.  I can't prove it but so often is the case with this disease its just something that I can sense and believe strongly.

ComeBackid

zigwyth

I basically agree with everything Stevew stated. My pain went away after applying a prescribed cream Transdermal Verapamil. Took about 2 days. This could have been a coincidence because other than that, I don't believe it has helped otherwise. It will stabilize! Hitting this forum alot has helped me develop a regimen of treatments as well as helping me through the emotional distress. Be Proactive, don't give up and know that we will beat this crap!! Welcome and Good Luck! Zig the Twig

j

Yes there are a number of studies that show that Peyronie's can be cured - if you're willing to relocate. In Italy, ALC and hyperthermia have both cured Peyronie's. In Yugoslavia, ultrasound works. In Cuba, propolis does the trick. And so on.   For some mysterious reason, none of those things will work here in the U.S.  ;)

ComeBacKid

Oh yeah, and I think the country of Iran has produced a positive study on one of the devices or treatment methods as well.  You can probably get a free ride back to the USA on one of their nuclear missiles.

ComeBackid

j

mark501 is right, though. At least some physicians in those countries are thinking creatively about the problem and actively trying to come up with something that works. Here in the US, where we have 100 times the number of doctors and vast amounts of money, it often seems that MDs are too often just a conduit for the big drug companies, and for conditions for which those companies don't have a product, our doctors have nothing to offer.  Apologies to any MDs reading this forum, I know that's an exaggeration.

Liam

Docs are afraid to go out on a limb because of malpractice.  If there is not some validation for a treatment or med, you won't get it (with rare exception).  A doctor needs evidence that will hold up in court when s/he gets sued.
House

j

You're right, of course, Liam.  I think we're at the point where more and more medical advances will come from countries other than the U.S.  The doctors in those countries are just as intelligent as ours, can get the same education, and aren't encumbered by fear of an out-of-control legal system.  And then there's the FDA - another whole subject.

So when we all start flying to Budapest (or Cairo, or Tehran) in 2010 for the latest Peyronie's treatment, we should wear something distinctive so we recognize each other. Maybe a pretzel on the lapel.

ComeBacKid

We have the best universities in the world hands down, but people come from abroad and then head back to their home countries with our degrees.   Has anyone thought about going to europe for this technique?  Why can't US doctors learn how to do it?  I'm surprised Dr. Levine and Dr. Mulhall have not learned this technique or tried it, especially since Dr. Mulhall goes to europe.

ComeBackid

Liam

J,

Or on the turban, depending on the country.  I've always wanted to see the pyramids.
House

Liam

Found this while surfing.  From Amazon.com

A Patient's Guide to Male Sexual Dysfunction
Tom F. Lue
Price: $16.95         or  Sign in to turn
on 1-Click ordering.
7 used and new from $14.95  

The index has Peyronies Disease listed.  I don't think there is anything new.  It was just interesting.

House

Tim468

Speaking as a doc, I think that we tend to be not so much conservative, as careful. Primum non nocere means "First, do no harm" and it counts. It may be true that foriegn docs are less constrained by regulations than we are here, but those regulations have largely served to protect patients.

I could "prescribe" heat therapy, but it like many other therapies are not yet proven. Even the iontophoresis that I am trying is not bearing out in larger studies yet - and this MAY be a result of less rigorous standards for how research is performed over-seas. And if that turns out to be true, then I am not helping myself. If I did it "for" someone else, then they are aout of money chasing a rainbow. It is hard to do that to patients, IMHO. It's why I equally hate the intellectual lethargy that leads one to recommend weak therapies like TV.

Tim
52, Peyronies Disease for 30 years, upward curve and some new lesions.

ComeBacKid

Tim,

Good points, and common sense should tell one that there would be other studies proving TV works, or PDLabs would release all the positive information they claim they've been gathering for years now, oh wait there is no positive data cause the drug doesn't work.  Or wait, maybe there would be people on the forum to say the drug works, PDLabs claimed that people who used it with success moved on, but I was on here before I started it and several others have PMed me claiming they started it while on here and its done nothing, just like its done nothing for me.  Wheres the common sense?  

ComeBackid

j

Tim468, your points are well taken. But how would something like hyperthermia for Peyronie's ever become "proven" in our system? Who would pay for studies that would produce proof sufficient for doctors to start prescribing it?  

The problem of Dupuytren's contracture has been solved, for a majority of patients, by the technique of needle aponevrotomy. It was developed by some French MDs - rheumatologists, not hand surgeons - by creative thinking and careful experimentation. No large-scale studies, costing millions of dollars, were ever performed. Fortunately that therapy is now starting to find acceptance here in the U.S.   But on their own, I doubt that American hand surgeons would have come up with this simple alternative to conventional - and brutal - surgeries.

Pudder135 mentioned the so-called "Leriche" technique, a similar procedure for Peyronie's, attempting to perforate the fibrotic tissue with a needle-like implement until it can be stretched. I read that it actually worked pretty well on a small number of patients.

How, in our system, is it possible to follow up on promising ideas like these?

Tim468

The answer is in generating studies with enough power to actually answer a question well. Let me give an example. If I give a drug that is likely to cut your blood pressure in HALF, then I do not need many patients to show it works (4-6 would do). That is because power is defined by the number of patients; the degree of change you desire to detect; and the the "standard deviation" of normal measurements. In short, the more variable a measure is under normal conditions, then the greater the number of patients that you need to study to show a drug effect, AND/OR, the smaller the difference that you expect to see (for your intervention), then the greater the number of patients that you need to study.

Thus, if I expect that 10- 20% of new Peyronies Disease spontaneously resolves, and 40% becomes static, and 40% gradually worsens, that would represent a large degree of variability in outcomes. If, OTOH, hyperthermia is likely to help only a portion of Peyronies Disease patients, or to only help a *little bit*, than I also need a lot of patients to have real "power" to my study. This is the crux of the problem in Peyronies Disease research, for no sinlge physician sees enough patients to generate any power.

Peyronies Disease resaearchers HAVE to start to collaborate, so that drugs that helpa LITTLE bit, can be truly studied effectively. We all want a cure, but I would take three drugs in combination if I thought that their combined effectiveness would add up for me.

But this is where docs are - they have SOME data that supports SOME therapies, but none of it is slam dunk, and any single one MIGHT help a patient. It boils down to keeping current with the literature (many do not seem to read at all!), and developing a willingness to KEEP ON TRYING!!! Taking care of Peyronies Disease should be like running a cardiac arrest - we give one drug and if it does not work we add another - we do not shrug and say "Bummer, PTOABA didn't work..." and STOP! This is the part about docs here that drives me nuts - the not following up, or attending to the urgency of this crisis in the life of their patient, ar even really *trying* to engage with the patient.

The answer to your questionns is:

A spirit of inquisitiveness; a willingness to read and try new therapies; a willingness to experiment with off-label drugs; and a desire to learn by performing blinded studies.

Hyperthermia could be studied (but not blinded) by giving it, or a control therapy of ultrasound, to patients randomly assigned one treatment or the other, using a patient population of about 2-300, brought together by at least ten centers agreeing to participate in a multi-center study protocol. It is not that hard - I am participating in 17 multicenter trials right now in my field. It just takes a will (and some of my  studies are of things like inhaled saline - NOT a money maker or supported by Pharma).

Tim

howcanthisbe

Hawk

HCTB,

I can imagine the concern and even obsessing that a man your age goes through dealing with Peyronies Disease.  I would caution you to have reasonable hope and a positive attitude based on accurate information because there is much to be optimistic about.

On the other hand, the thread you linked to with good intentions, has much unrealistic and totally false information.  Remarks like "50% resolve" or "Large numbers resolve and just don't post any more" are false.  The most rational statements made in that thread were by RZZ
QuoteAs far as the "Large percentage" of cases resolve, absolutely incorrect. Not true. All that know me know I've done tons pf research on Peyronies Disease and seen my share of urologist, including Dr. Levine. My research and the doctors I've spoken to all concur that the majority case of Peyronies Disease do not resolve themselves. 25 years ago it was thought that about 1/2 resolved themselves, 20 years ago that number was down to about 1/4. 10 years ago that number fell to 10%-15%. That number today depending on who you talk to is between 4%-8%.

The actual number of resolution is between 5% -15% and probably below the middle of that number.  Most do agree that youth is a factor and your chances are probably nearer the high end.  Probably another 25% - 40% never advance.  You also have the realistic hope that as we interest and educate more doctors, drug companies, politicians, and people in general that advances and possibly a cure will work its way down to you if your Peyronies Disease does not resolve on it's own.  Hopefully that will be true with many of us.

HCTB, stay calm, think positive, and educate yourself by absorbing all the accurate information you can.  Do not give in to snake oil and misinformation.  I deactivated that link because it promotes the misinformation we struggle to overcome.

Regards
Prostatectomy 2004, radiation 2009, currently 70 yrs old
After pills, injections, VED - Dr Eid, Titan 22cm implant 8/7/18
Hawk - Updated 10/27/18 - Peyronies Society Forums

Old Man

HCTB:

While I very deeply appreciate your position with regards to seeking help with Peyronies Disease, IMHO, have to support Hawk, (Admin) in his position about deleting the link in your post below.

After several years of participating on that forum by me and others on this forum, it degraded into only an avenue of release of filth, disturbing posts and in general just a pit of trouble for men seeking a good source of support. Even the sponsor of the site finally deleted many posts, but later failed to "clean up" the forum and get it back into a viable source of help. And today, it remains just as it was before we left there.

The above is not to say that there are some guys posting there who are not legitimate in their posts, they are. It just becomes very frustrating to post something worth while only to have it degraded into absolutely nothing by the crazies who lurk there for their own pleasure, etc.

So, stay with a good source of information and diligently seek sources of help that have your interest at heart and not for their own personal satisfaction of interfering with good information.

Regards and best to you, Old Man
Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

howcanthisbe

thanks for the heads up you guys. I just dont wanna believe that me at 23 cant recover, I think its poissible I could recover. I dont know, but it sure is a hopeless feeling.... and one that I cant tell my friends. I keep thinking maybe God made me get this and a cure is very near and he wants to make me go through one of the worst things a guy could ever go through to make me stronger. Once the cure is out think how much stronger I will be, or if it resolves on its own. So is there any chance it could get better on its own? Thanks

Old Man

HCTB:

I am very familiar with the situation that you find yourself in at this time. You see, I too developed Peyronies Disease at the "ripe young age" of 24. (Now 76, almost 77 years old). It was caused by a bad sexual experience.
So, I have been coping with this mess for about 53 years now.

You just have to keep a positive attitude so that you can cope with Peyronies Disease. During those years, many and varied treatments were tried and none seemed to help. All kinds of therapy, drugs, vitamin E in quantity, potaba and other drugs did nothing. So, I just learned to live with my problem. After prostate cancer surgery I developed an exercise that got rid of almost all of my symptoms and today, there are hardly any left.

There are some treatments and/or therapy that can and will help some cases. It would only be fair to state that some go away on their own and others just resist any and all things done. So, keep the faith, try different things and just maybe you will find one that helps. A lot of us have been successful in getting rid of the stuff.

Let me know is there is anything that I can help with for you.

Old Man
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

howcanthisbe

Hey thanks old man. I cant believe you have had this thing for so long. Right now my curve actually seems to have lessoned over the last 2 weeks. Im not at all worried about the curve as it is far less of a curve then a bananna. In fact I wouldnt even be concerned right now if it wasnt for the dent area on the left side. Im really concerned because I think this could be spreading a little and perhaps will form a slight dent ring around the whole penis. Right now my erections are very solid and hard ( just not amazling rock hard).  So if I could stay as I am today I would be 95% normal. Im not sure if I have lost any size, it seems maybe I have though. The head of my penis doesnt getting tottally as hard as the rest of my penis too. I have had the condition for 4 years I suspect, as it started when I started taking the blood pressure meds. It was never getting any worse during those 4 years, but ever since I started thinking I had Peyronies Disease about 2 months ago it seemed to get worse,lol. So maybe stressing over it could make it worse? Anyways I admire you Old Man for struggling with this for so long, im sure it has made you a stronger person if nothing else. Im glad to hear you got your condition down to nearly no symptoms. The use of VED does work for some right? I will use that as my last resort if things start getting worse. Im glad to hear that things arnt set in stone with this crap, at least I will always know I have a slight chance of recovering or a decent chance of improving. The hardest part about this to me is it all could have been avoided if the doctor just told me theres a chance of sexual side effects when taking these meds. If he told me that I would have changed my diet in a heartbeat and never touched those meds. I just cant believe I was so sexually perfect libido and erection wise before the meds and now im all messed up. Just those little stupid pills have potentially ruined my life. I mean girls mean alot to me, its all I ever thought about and they always made me happy.Ive never even had a girlfriend really, Now im almost too scared to even find a girl to date, and im constantly checking my progress.... so hopeless feeling. Nothing ever bothers me, only something like this or cancer could. Im hoping I will stay the same or recover the some so I can look back on this experience as one that has made me 10x stronger in life, if I can beat this the only thing that can beat me is cancer, heart problems and death if you know what I mean because nothing else thats not life threatning besides blindness, paraylized, etc is worse then this. Anyways sorry to vent, thanks old man for the positive message. I always need to hear that I have a chance to get better or stablize. I feel for some reason if I get a good looking girlfriend that gives me more daily erections I could get better with all the increased blood flow. I wonder if drug induced Peyronies Disease acts diffrent then other forms of Peyronies Disease. Anyways thanks again.

Liam

HCTB,

Worrying about something is often worse than the thing you fear.  If you are 95% of perfect and this is all that has happened in 4 years, you are above the curve (pun intended) and are normal.  The only thing that can beat you, at this point, is yourself.
It seems that your fear is much worse than any possible reaction to meds.  Stop checking your penis.  Go out and live.

QuoteRight now my erections are very solid and hard ( just not amazling rock hard).

I hope you didn't mean it as such, but this is as insulting to members of this forum as anything I have ever read.  Guys here have real problems we are facing.  We are happy to answer a sincere question or engage in a real discussion.  But, I feel your issues have been properly addressed.  It seem as if you are taunting the members here with how
normal everything is for you.  I hope this is not the case.  If not, just take this as an indication of how good you have it

For girls try MYSPACE.

House

howcanthisbe

Laim, thanks for the help. Please understand I am certainly not taunting the members here. Im sorry to keep posting that I seem normal because im not really. Im just being really optimistic in my postings as im certainly not normal as I was before I took the meds, but like I said I still get good hard erections just not as hard before pre meds. Why I keep posting is because I think my condition could be worsening due to the dent on the left side that I just noticed a few months back. I know alot of people here have it way worse then me, but I do also realize I could be headed down that same road. I am sorry, I do realize I have vented a few times on this forum. I was just looking for some support and maybe some optimistic feedback which I did recieve. I think once I get a girlfriend and I perform fine I will be alot better. I am sorry if it seems im insulting anyone. Anyways thanks everyone for the support.

Tim468

Dear Liam,

Unless we chose to find other men willing to let us, we are mostly going to reference our erection quality with ourself only. Thus, if I were young and had pretty good erections after having had rock hard ones, I would be, frankly, terrified. It wouldn't much matter to me if some other guy had it worse, except for my empathic nature. I did not see that as taunting at all, but a sincere recounting of his sense of stabilization, but genuine concern at what is not yet back to normal (and may not ever get there).

Tim

Old Man

HCTB:

Appreciate your comments and kudos about my having had this mess for so long. I can understand your frustration at not being able to perform as you once did. It seems that just about every medication that is prescribed today contains sexual side effects or some side effects that are detrimental to one's sexaul or personal health. However, that is the cost we pay for getting help with medical situations.

I realize that you were only stating your own situation and meant nothing against others here. Having had prostate cancer, heart bypass surgery, a total hip replacement and many other operations in my life, I am thankful to the Lord for the health that I enjoy at my age of almost 77. Yet in spite to those operations, I feel like that I am just 25 on some days. One just has to put their problems behind them and perservere onward.

Thanks again for you kind words, keep the faith and something good will happen for you.

Regards, Old Man

Liam

HCTB,

Thank you for your sincere response.  I am heartened to know your posts are sincere.  The body of your posts led me to think otherwise.  I reread them.  I do understand, though, that written words often do not convey the spirit of the message.

The talk of symptoms coming and going in very short periods of time as well as the lack of plaque just doesn't sound like Peyronies Disease.  As far as losing hair on your head and increased body hair, that happened to me between 18 -22.  A bigger concern would be high blood pressure.  Are you sure that is no longer a problem?  Also, have you been checked for diabetes and heart disease?  Stress and depression should also be considered. My point is there are other things that could more easily cause the things you describe.  You really need to consult a qualified medical professional.  Tell him or her what is going on.  If everything you say is true, seeing a doctor is imperative, not just a good idea.  Positive attitudes are good.  But, you need science and an objective diagnosis.  

I do stand by the first paragraph of my previous post.  Please take it to heart.  It is good advice.  Enjoy your life.

Thanks Again!
Liam
House

howcanthisbe

Thanks all for understanding, I guess we all look  at in diffrent prospectives. Liam I think I have located my plaque though, its a vein looking thing that is kinda hard, I only really notice it when im erect. Its not a vein because it feels kinda hard, it runs from the base to head of penis almost. I know for a fact the blood pressure meds messed up my erections and my libido. Im pretty sure I have Peyronies Disease, but anyways thanks for your understanding on my situation. I dont mean to keep filling up the forum with my post,lol. Anyways good luck to everyone and have a great 4th.

Liam

Quoteits a vein looking thing that is kinda hard

Please investigate Mondor's phlebitis of the penis.  It's rare, but, the symptoms match very well.  It is important to see about this.  Unchecked, it has the potential for nasty stuff.  I'll try to find a link and post it.  Meantime, Google Mondor's and penis.  You should get some hits.

House

Liam

http://www.med.unipi.it/agp/us/ultra/US6.HTM  - Sonographic Diagnosis

Here is a Pub Med abstract.

QuoteMondor's disease of the penis.

Kraus S, Ludecke G, Weidner W.

Department of Urology, Medical School, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany.

Mondor's disease of the penis has been reported after genital trauma such as stretching and torsion of the veins and can cause endothelial necrosis and thrombosis. We report a 35-year-old male with thrombosis of the penile superficial dorsal vein who did not respond to topical drug therapy. Surgical management, e.g. superficial vein resection, is the most effective therapy in refractory cases for relieving pain, diminishing skin induration and producing esthetically pleasing results. Copyright 2000 S. Karger AG, Basel

Publication Types:
Case Reports

PMID: 10810272 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
House

howcanthisbe

I saw about that, I think I have Peyronies Disease though. The small dent can only be Peyronies Disease from what I have read.

howcanthisbe

I dont think I have Mondor's disease because it says the dorsal vein which is the big one running up the penis on the belly side of it right? My vein like thing is on the top right side of the penis, runs from the base up.... I actually have two other small vein looking things also on each side of the bigger one. They look just like veins for sure, but when I feel them they are hard feeling kinda. I first thought for sure they were veins, but then realized they couldnt be that hard. Im sorry, im not trying to  get a diagonis here for sure as I know no one can tell, im just explaining why I think I have Peyronies Disease instead of Mondor's disease. Anyways have a good night everyone.

Liam

Having had sterile phlebitis twice, once in each arm, veins can get as hard as concrete.  But you are right about no one here knowing.  Only a doctor can tell you for sure.  Happy Fourth of July!
House

howcanthisbe

Laim, thanks for the reply. I just read the superficial veins become cordlike.  Any idea where those veins are located? Thanks

Liam

All references I've seen refer to the superficial dorsal vein.

There is another condition known as a varicocele.  Here is a link to a Dr explaining it.

http://www.askphysicians.com/cgi-local/forums.cgi?display=thread&id=6429&forum=62&interface=0

Now you can see why I urgently encourage you to go see a urologist.  Please.

Liam
House