Racetams

Previous topic - Next topic

Onemorestep

Has anyone heard of peyronies being caused by racetams such as oxiracetam, piracetam, aniracetam, coluracetam, or levetiracetam? I'm 99 percent certain that my peyronies was caused by the quick cessation of oxiracetam and coluracetam the first time (got it only in my Perenium  region first) and then a year later I developed it on my penis after coming off levetiracetam. The connection in my mind seems pretty clear but I can only find one person who anectodaly says they took keppra (levitiracetam) and developed peyronies. Let me know your thoughts! I really need to take keppra but am too afraid to do so right now. It's been only a month or two since I took it last and the pain I was experiencing is much much better. It seems to have gone away faster than what is normal in the acute phase of this disease.

Onemorestep

Additionally, unnoticed I began to suffer from hair loss on keppra which is apparently rare. My cuts didn't heal fast either. This seems autoimmune related.

NeoV

I know someone on this forum who was taking one of those and ended up with Peyronie's and penis issues. His story is more complex, so I cannot say that it was the drugs. But it's an interesting thing to consider. Interesting.

Onemorestep

That's such a shame. Strangely enough it wasn't the taking of those drugs that caused peyronies both times but the cessation of them. Do you know his username or any of his posts about racetam use?