Introduction - New member

Previous topic - Next topic

AlecT

Hi all,

Introducing myself to the rest of the forum here. I am a 27 year old male from Australia and i have suffered peyronies now for about 2.5 years. Age of onset was about 25 and 7 months. I heard a pop during sex and stopped for a while. This had happened a couple of times prior but without the effect of a loss of erection. I panicked and saw an ER GP and consequently urologist having heard about the condition prior. This was 2 weeks after the event. They deducted that nothing major had occurred but that i should omit sex for a period and ice the area for some time. i did this for a period of a couple of months and then returned to sex.

About 5 months after this a similar even occurred, but there didn't seem to be the same change and so i didn't go to see my GP right away. However after a few weeks i began to notice an angulation of the head of the penis to one side. Up to this point i had for a long time had a penis that had an angulation from the base towards the left at an angle of about 10-15 degrees. Unfortunately i continued having sex and it happened a third and final time several months later at age 26 years and 3 months. This time i had noticeable shifts erection strength and since this event my erections have worsened over time. The most recent injury was along the shaft on my left hand side at about halfway; i believe caused from a thrust gone wrong. Since then my erections have worsened and much of the time unless i am really aroused my penis is noticeably softer or more flaccid at the head to halfway down. Additionally there is an 'S' curve from the base to the head and though my penis is a little thicker i believe this is only due to a buildup of blood around the area at the base. I have lost considerable size flaccid and erection length though i do not currently have measurements, i would estimate about 6-7.5 cm or 2-3 inches and i was not all that long to begin with. As mentioned width is noticeably smaller towards the head though this sometimes changes. I used to have some pain after sex and in a flaccid state occasionally but i have no had this reported for some time now.

Psychologically i often struggle. Sometimes i can be inactive or absent minded and or distressed for days in my capacity to study or work. Currently i am seeing a psychiatrist for long term sexual abuse that occurred when i was 6 and then later in my teenage years. Obviously with the above in mind, some of this physical impediment makes overcoming the abuse and engaging in a healthy and normal sex life more difficult. I am no longer partnered with the girl that i was having sexual relations with when i injured myself, though she has been supportive to a point at least in helping me to talk through my concerns. There are some other reasons for this but part of it was because i hold some frustration towards her and her part in the injury. Perhaps this is the wrong attitude but the situation is more complicated than i have written here.

In terms of treatment I have been taking CoQ10 super ubiquinol on off now for about 4-5 months. I was icing and occasionally heat treating with heat packs after sex or when in pain. I saw a urologist after the 3rd injury but it was nearly a 6 month wait to see him.  He suggested a wait and see approach like most medical professionals i have read about do for this condition. I have gone through 2 doctors since early 2016 in regards to a lack of support for this condition and treatment suggestions. I also saw a urologist last year around about the time i stopped having sex regularly (august). She and the compatriots that saw me in the ER were pretty horrible and unprofessional and it was about that time i stopped seeing medical professionals for this condition altogether. My girlfriends dad runs a supplement alternative health type business and i was able to see him for the ubiquinol and some other advice. He checked me more thoroughly than the doctors surprisingly, though i have had no breakthroughs there either.

At the time of last injury i was slightly overweight at about 83 kg to 176cm. During last year i overate and under exercised and had become obese for my height according to bmi - 97 kg. I have since lost 10 kg starting in September 2016. I am exercising more and more and when i do i notice some improvements however i know that this is only part of the solution. My diet can be dependent on my mood though i am trying to get 4-5 serves of vegetables a day. Prior to injury i was much fitter and eating a lot more healthily in general.

My goal is to return to the size i was at and not have any body dis-morphia relating to my penis; some of which i had prior to the injury and which i think probably led to me engaging in somewhat risky energetic sex. I hope that i can find some solutions here and work through this with the rest of the forum. Thanks for the time, and sorry this post was so long. Probably have forgotten some things but im sure any responses might help me refresh memory and get some sort of recovery going. Cheers.

AlecT

I just wanted to add how hard i has been to write about this or to read other stories, let alone proof read what i wrote  :-\. I feel like im dreading the answers and stories before i attempt to read them. I had been meaning to come onto this site for a year or more now and the psychological component had blocked it each time. The feeling of hopelessness can be overwhelming.

AlecT

Also, If anyone has any recommendations (I have had a few already through PM) on how to get started and or where i can post to start get some feedback and come up with a plan and treatment that would be much appreciated. Hard to know where to start with all the topics, if more information is needed i can provide it for what i have tried and the results as far as i can tell thus far.  

LWillisjr

If the PM's are from some of the senior members on the forum, then I guess you are getting good advice already.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History