Xiaflex for treament of active phase of Peyronies Disease

Previous topic - Next topic

Arabia

Expanding the role of injectable collagenase clostridium histolyticum for the treatment of active phase Peyronie's disease

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5313314/

QuackAttack

Interesting that the acute phase trials show a better reduction in curvature than chronic phase. The corporal rupture statement is what everybody is concerned about, especially considering it was 31 days post second injection and 14 days is the waiting period. My URO presented at a conference and said their military study from Walter Reed and Ft. Meade showed better improvement from minor tearing of the plaque, which I experienced last week. Freaked out is an understatement. When you notice a nighttime erection, you are supposed to gently press down slightly opposite the curve to help reduce the curve. Well, I did and I heard a pop and then some pain. Freaked out, I went in to see my URO and he performed an Ultrasound and it clearly showed a tear in the plaque from the top to about the 1/2 way point. My URO's point was small tear good, big tear bad because that would be a corporal rupture. After 4 cycles the ultrasound showed clear reduction in the majority of my plaque and there is one stubborn area that was thicker where the tear took place. So, anybody using Xiaflex that hears a pop, monitor it closely and if you don't have massive bruising and pooling of blood, corporal rupture is unlikely and you may have had one of the beneficial tears my URO was explaining.

Interestingly, for the first time I can feel the plaque and it is where the tear took place and I now understand what palpable plaque feels like.

beentheredonethat

Quote from: QuackAttack on March 11, 2017, 09:11:44 PM
which I experienced last week. Freaked out is an understatement. When you notice a nighttime erection, you are supposed to gently press down slightly opposite the curve to help reduce the curve. Well, I did and I heard a pop and then some pain. Freaked out, I went in to see my URO and he performed an Ultrasound and it clearly showed a tear in the plaque from the top to about the 1/2 way point.

man you must have freaked out. that wpuld scsre the absolute crap out of me.. like F~@< what have i done now (envisioning 18 months of new scarring forming). i was using fleshlight other night and my penis buckled under the pressure (wasnt quite hard enough). i had pain for a week or so now its gone. no bruising or nothing like that but its definitley in the back of my mind *what if it sets off more scarring* the uro i saw a couple of months ago i have come to the conclusion. he pritti much doesnt wanna do anything if theres risk. in his eyes you sre better off suffering then having the risk. i am going to see a different one when i get home and get referred for xiaflex. from what i can read on your posts it seems to be helping you and mine isnt quite so bad just yet. although its getting worse every couple months i reckon. hopefully i will see results

QuackAttack

Been,

There is a thread on the forum that shows better Xiaflex results in the acute phase by 7+ degrees. The norm has been to wait, but an NIH (National Institutes of Health) study says early may be better.