I was diagnosed with Peyronies last week and I am interested in trying VED
, but I’d like to hear from more experienced guys first. I’ll give you my background.
My symptoms, which I noticed about a week-and-a-half ago are as follows:
- An upward, dorsal
curve of about 10-15 degrees when erect, more noticeable the fuller my erection (I am finding it hard to measure the exact curvature).
- A firm, rubbery flaccid
; length and girth
seem mostly normal
- Some mild stinging pain on the right/underside of my penis during an erection, but more noticeable after masturbating.
- I had an hourglass shape one time with a partial erection, but have not seen it in almost 2 weeks (that was when I really noticed something was wrong).
- I’ve had some ED
issues, but I think this might be psychological. Erections are still normal length/girth as far as I can tell, but they kind of go away quickly without stimulation of some kind. Still getting decent morning wood most days (even before Cialis).
- The pain may pre-date the other symptoms, but it’s mild so I can’t say for sure. My guess is I am still fairly early in the acute
- Strangely my symptoms all seemed to appear soon after a very strenuous lower body workout, including squats (my only hourglass erection was an hour after this workout).
I have been comparatively lucky as my GP was actually familiar with Peyronies, said he’s treated it successfully before and diagnosed me within a week of my first noticeable symptoms. He even got me on the “right” meds, as far as I can tell (I had been going through this forum with a near religious devotion before I saw him so I kinda knew what I was looking for).
My GP prescribed:
(800 mg, 3x a day)…I am only at 2x a day now, as I wean myself onto it, but side-effects are minimal at this point.
- Cialis (5mg 1x a day)
- And he recommended L-Arginine
(1000 2x a day) so I am on that.
I am also taking:
- 1000mg of ACL 2x a day (started before I even went to doc)
- 300 mg of CO Enzyme Q10 (actually starting this next week, trying to go on all these new supplements slowly)
I am also cutting way down on masturbation (I was almost once-a-day before and I am 34) and already changing my diet to a more anti-inflammatory one. I do have CPPS
as well, which was mostly mild and under control but seems to flaring up a bit now (I have had some non-peyronies symptoms: shooting pains in rectum – fun! – and sore/tender testicles).
I could write more, but I think that’s a good overview. Assuming my meds/supplements are alright, would you recommend VED? If so, how should I start? What devices are best? Are there any risks? Should I wait to see how the meds work before trying it? I want to be aggressive with this, but my symptoms are mild so far and I don’t want to make it worse by misusing VED.
Thanks in advance.