News:

Welcome to the Peyronies Forum

Previous topic - Next topic

Greetings to all,

I have thankfully just discovered this site. I was diagnosed with Peyronies about six months ago and prescribed Pentox. Also was  advised to take a supplement (non-prescription).called NeoQ10.  I haven't noticed any difference in my condition since taking them. I have an hourglass shape which also bends to one side and intercourse is impossible. I'm concerned because my doctor recommended surgery after my second appointment with him, which was three months after my initial diagnosis.  It seems like a radical solution so early into treatment, and would require at least ten stitches. I am going to try to find another doctor for a second opinion, but my doctor is the only one for hundreds of miles.

I'm sixty-nine yrs. old and until now have always been very sexually healthy.  This has been quite a bummer which I'm sure most of you understand.

Michael

LWillisjr

Welcome to the forum Michael.... sorry you have "joined the club".
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Thank you, Les. I looked at your history and I'm happy to hear your positive outcome. Maybe things will work out for me.  My doctor recommended surgery but I'm not sure I'm ready for that.  Maybe you could point me to a link here on this site that would discuss this option. I'm sure there is one but I haven't found my way around here yet.

Thank you,

Michael

dru92646

Hi and I am sorry you are here, but this is a great forum for information. My thoughts about surgery after reading everything I could get my hands on and discussions with my urologists is that surgery would usually be considered the last option.I have just completed my third round of Xiaflex with little improvement but my case is severe and I was given a very guarded prognosis.I am incapable of intercourse due to the severity of curvature.My next and last options will be surgery or abstinence from intercourse.Get a second opinion and good luck.It can be difficult to find a urologist who has expierence with Peyronies even in larger cities so you may have to pack your bags or take a long commute. Good luck!