Advice Needed for a Peyronies Newbie (in Toronto)

Previous topic - Next topic

Toronto34

Hello All,

I have just been informed today by a Doc that I may have Peyronies, but not officially diagnosed yet. He just sort of mentioned it offhand. If I do have it, it's early and I would like some advice and guidance from you wise gentlemen on what to do next.

Here's my peyronies story so far:

My symptoms - which I only started noticing this week - are a noticeable hourglass shape when I get an erection (or semi-erect...I have not really been able to achieve a full erection, but I think it's at partly because I freak out when I see the shape) and a fibrous feeling in the shaft of my flaccid penis. I also felt like my penis was smaller when flaccid but measured and it seemed normal.

It's crazy because it came on out of nowhere. One day I had no symptoms (that I noticed) and the next I had this noticeable hourglassing. Very unnerving. I thought it was a bad dream the first time I saw it. I have not noticed a bend yet but wasn't looking out for it.

Today I went to a walk-in clinic, but without photos the doctor (not my GP or a Uro) could not tell me much. My penis looked and felt normal to him. He said based on my description it could be Peyronies, but he'd need to see photos to get a better idea. I tried today, but I can't seem to get my guy up for a photo shoot (I am chalking it up to anxiety).

Anyways, after the doc floated the name "Peyronies" I got to googling and ended up here. Wish I wasn't making your acquaintance, but here we are. Greetings all.

I may be jumping the gun, but it seems like when acting on Peyronies (if that's what I have) it's best to act quickly. After I get photos I'll go in to my GP and get started on finding a uro (I am in Toronto so recommendations are helpful). Any other advice is welcome. Here are my general questions:

1) What questions should I ask my doctor?
2) Is there anything I should ask for? A prescription to Pentox seems common? Anything else?
3) What supplements/over the counter meds should I buy and start taking (vitamin E, acetyl-L-carnitine etc.)? I assume these are harmless so I can start even before I get a diagnoses.
4) Anything else I should do? I am seeing people recommending VED and other stuff, but I feel it's a bit early to get into that. Thoughts?

I think that's all for now. Thanks in advance for your help.

Additional background info about me: 34 years old, white, no health conditions/illnesses (I've had prostatitis in the past but no current symptoms), non-smoker, go to the gym 3-4 times a week (weights and cardio), social drinker (a lot lately).

Rich (Toronto34)

Arabia

Welcome aboard Rich.

Once you get a proper diagnosis of Peyronies Disease I'd get on the Pentox and Vitamin E. Have a look at the AOR Total E available at most health food stores. It contains the 8 isoforms of vitamin E rather than just the alpha tocopherol.

The only doc in the Toronto area who has an interest in Peyronie's is Dr. Ethan Grober at Mt. Sinai.  If your FP thinks you have Peyronies Disease I'd just ask for a referral to see him, but realize the wait time is probably in the ballpark of 6 to 9 months.  
Dr. Ethan Grober — Mount Sinai Hospital - Toronto

csm101

You can try, Dr Michael Greenspan - Hamilton and Dr. Gerald Brock (My Surgeon) - London, Sometimes you have to go where the experts are. If you have any questions let me know, I tried the PAV, and Verap shots. Vits etc.