Pointless?

Previous topic - Next topic

frank_a_c

Hi all,

It hasn't been a great few weeks. After being on supplements and pentox (in acute phase), things have gotten worse.

I saw Levine two months ago outside of my insurance. He suggested traction and VIs, along with continuation of Pentox. I can't afford to constantly fly to chicago and get these injections, so I'm doing them here with a doctor who respects Levine. My doc says he often sees improvement on the injections BUT that he does not really have much faith in Verapamil itself as a drug for Peyronies Disease. He things that saline is about as effective. He does however believe that it's the process of putting punctures in the scar tissue that actually makes a difference. So I am signed up for six rounds of this business despite reading on the forum that it basically does nothing.

Anyway, I don't know what else to do so I'm going to go ahead with the VIs and do traction. Otherwise I'm worried the bend will get to the point I can't have sex. My doc thinks Xiaflex is risky and cited some horror stories. With further pushing turns out he does not really know how to administer it, suggested going back to Levine if that was my choice. No way to afford that out of network.

Having a weak moment today. I am not in the best place. Single and in my early 30s. Take great care of myself, am an avid musician and fit. Women have never been an issue for me but the future scares me now.

Is this pointless?  

NeoV

Hey Frank,

Not sure if I heard or not, but how long have you had symptoms? In the beginning almost NOTHING seems to help. Now 6 years after my real "active phase," things are so much better I can't even believe it. Still, I think doing everything you can now is a good idea, at least at home with traction, VED, and supplements etc. I find a lot of benefit from anything that is anti-inflammatory for the state of my penis. Traction is truly a miracle in my opinion, and there are good studies on it in the active phase as well.

I can't say whether or not the injections would be worth it... the only injection I had was the PRP, and if anything, I enjoyed the extra volume in my penis from it. I really can't say if I regret it or not.

I find it interesting when I come across guys who are naturals with women, who then get Peyronie's. I imagine that would be really difficult, since you're coming from a frame of "losing" something you had previously, whereas I came from zero and after Peyronie's started going after women like crazy. Maybe you can challenge yourself to reach a new level with attraction and personal improvement though, I mean I'm sure you can. Just set out to do it and force yourself to meditate and think positively. If girls were never an issue for you, I bet even the smallest amount of effort would put you above every other guy out there. Remember, girls (often the hottest or most sexually liberated ones), often like to have sex with other girls, who don't even have a penis... My wife reminds me this all the time. It just doesn't matter, sex is about the girl anyway.

frank_a_c

Thanks NeoV I appreciate the insight.

Meditation and self examination is valuable and I attribute my personal meditative practice to helping me not really slip into despair with this. In my experience, meditation allows my mind to keep things in perspective, to avoid and diagnose unhealthy thought patters, and when it comes to Peyronies Disease, focus on the way forward rather than what's happened.

frank_a_c

My symptoms have been going now for 8 months.

It seems that inflammation is triggered fairly easily.

This actually scares me regarding getting verapamil injections now. Could I trigger more inflammation and cause more damage? Ugh. Hard to know what is the correct next step.