INFLAMMATION: the good the bad? ...What do we really know?

Previous topic - Next topic

getting_there_in_oregon

In the past few years Inflammation has come the the forefront of health discussions of all sorts. A lot of new understandings and discoveries have been made, and it's a hot topic. I would assert that it's not just a fad topic... but really getting at the heart. It's getting the research and attention it deserves and shows up in all the Biohacking, Extreme health,  and fitness reports and podcasts I listen to!

I take a lot of natural anti-inflammatories, but amounts of inflammation are NECESSARY for life.

Okay, VED's. - - - >

What do we know of inflammation during use of VEDs? I'm guessing most people will jump to say you don't want to get your penis all inflamed? but is that true? how little? how much?
If you're bringing bloodflow to the area, is a little inflammation telling the body to show up and do some repair? ...maybe remove some of this plaque? or the opposite... just add more plaque?

I've seen reports, even on this site, who's claims seem to support either way... I've been gone from the site for about 5 years, and now i'm wondering with how much more we know about inflammation, has any of this knowledge helped us here?

My VED seemed to help me a ton. I mean... I had my injury for over a year before I even started any kind of therapy, and when I started the VED, six months later I had a different penis (straighter mostly, and a bit fuller!). Up until then nothing had change, it had only gotten worse. BUT really, other than stretching and engorging the penis, I'm not exactly sure what the theories are of what it's doing/how it's helping.

Anyway, I think we could use a thread that explores Inflammation deeper, so here it is! I'll try and add links and insight as i find it! :)))))

wooo!

Realvinni2000

Inflammation in the site not only causes the hardening of the plaques but leads elastase, that is an enzyme that destroy the elastic fibers, that's why this disease causes always a shortening of the penis even if the plaque itself shriks over time.

I would take or have prescribed Trental and antioxidants, like propolis, silmarin and black barries, in order to easy this process. It appears that the better results come from a combined therapy.
Please go to PROFILE then FORUM PROFILE to replace this signature line text with info such as
age, date of onset, symptoms, treatments tried,
relationship status, etc
** You will waste less time and get better answers **[\color]