Peyronies Disease surgery and ED

Previous topic - Next topic

Thelonelywolf

Simple question,...

Will the erecting get better after surgery or it will get worse?!
Guys with experience who have been through the proceger please feed back  

LWillisjr

I had surgery, and for me the ability to get an erection stayed the same. If did not get better or worse. The big factor for me is that after the surgery I was STRAIGHT and not curved anymore.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

JohnWright

Great question, and my very brief, random thoughts to go with your question....

- When reading posts on this Forum in general, one has to be mindful that anyone can say anything...and they do. Guys with no personal experience about surgery and the male dick make all sorts of bizarre statements. Mere opinions, based frequently on misinformation, the earth is still flat, kind of mindset. After reading any number of posts here, it could "feel" like surgery is bad. The ignorant among us promote this silly notion post after post. (Their fingers are itching at the keyboard even now, hehe)

- When talking about surgery on this Forum, most of the guys who have obtained success and are living happy lives move on. So you may not get a ton of responses. But, I hope you get more than a few.

- Prior to today: Tens of thousands of men on planet earth have already undergone surgery related to their dick, curvature, performance, etc. One man in eleven has a dick that doesn't conform to some other man's notion of perfect, and a lot of us have pursued surgery for one motivation or another -- and are quite satisfied.

- There are many factors that can contribute to the potential success of any surgery: Pre-existing conditions that can hamper a body's ability to heal properly, poor personal hygiene, the inability to care for one's self, poor nutrition, failure to find an experienced surgeon whose specialty is the male dick, lack of self control (many guys have surgery on their dick and then start to feel horny and before you know it they're abusing that dick way before six weeks of healing has occurred and hoping everything turns up roses) -- just to name a few.

- Erectile Dysfunction (ED): There are numerous factors that can contribute to ED. To name some: Masturbation with a guilty conscience, masturbation without a guilty conscience, having sex with prostitutes, young and stupid abusive-masturbation, jelqing, having sex with prostitutes while married, stressed out at work, stressed out over finances, injuries to the penis, congenital defects with the corpora, worrying about the ability to get hard and perform (whatever perform means to a man), audio distractions during sex, odors, the lack of blood flow to the dick to fill the corpora, the inability of the dick to stay pressurized because of leakage of blood from the corpora, not thinking sexy thoughts about one's voluptuous love -- just to name a few  :o

- Surgery on your dick for either Peyronie's Disease or congenital curvature has no bearing on any of those factors. Stated another way, those factors relate to the man, his mind, how he treats his body, how he deals with stress, etc.

- My own anecdotal story:

Prior to surgery in 2016, I had ED in degrees over the prior year. I think there were three factors for me: 1) I had reached a point where my mind was fixating on the curve (congenital in my case) and it was very distracting to me while attempting to have sex. My love never said boo about it. Ever. Just me and my own thoughts. In prior decades with my love sex was amazing, but one day I just started being distracted by the curve. 2) Masturbation had returned to youthful proportions and my body may have said, "Enough already." 3) Low testosterone. I was tested in 3rd quarter 2016 and near the bottom of the scale, so with the guidance of a nutritionist I am working a plan.

Post surgery, when I was eventually able to start having sex with a low enough pain level (healing was still occurring but after six weeks gently attempting sex is ok, but never abusing the dick), it "hurt so good" and actually gave my dick a surprising boost of rigidity. But, at the six week mark this also meant there had been ZERO jacking off. Zilch. Nada. Zero. My dick was ready for action. Being able to visually observe my newly minted straight dick in action was also mentally stimulating to my male brain. The fresh joy that accompanied lovemaking was amazing. I still feel kind of shallow that it was even a thing, but, I'll own it. As for my testosterone level, my insurance calendar reset on Dec 31st so I can get it checked again this year. My nutritionist and I are still working the plan. I can't say that I feel any different if the T level is improving - so we'll see.

There is one other thing: Post surgery my erections were great most of the time. But there was an occasional flat tire.  :( The surgeon's nurse had suggested a cock ring in lieu of drugs and more anxiety, hehe. Right there in the doctor's office he pulled up the world's retailer (!) website, searched cock rings, and discussed the benefits with my wife and I for a couple of minutes. Mind blown. To give healing the best possible outcome, we continued to have sex without a cock ring until the six month mark. At that point, we added a silicone cock ring: It is soft and supple, the ring's band is almost 1/2" wide, and large enough to fit my girth. Buyer beware: I learned three things about cock rings which cause them to assault your dick: the band is too narrow, the material is too hard, or the circumference is wrong. Yes, one's girth is a consideration. One size does NOT fit all. The first one I bought was had too narrow of a band and lacked ample circumference to fit around my shaft. Just two words: Hell, no! The proper ring is comfortable and just fits the shaft snug. Because the ring applies pressure 360 degrees, it doesn't need to be a dick crusher to do the job. Just snug.

I put that puppy on and I'm ready to roll 1000% of the time -- as long as I'm focused, not stressing, blah blah blah.

By the way, I'm a fairly emotional guy. Yes, I cry watching movies. So, it comes as no surprise that music moves me. It effects my emotions with joy or sadness, like a light switch. My wife recently made this connection about me: If there is music in the back ground during sex it has to be instrumental and happy. If there are ANY words or a sad song -- pack it all up and get dressed. Nobody is getting anything tonight. Who knew?!

So, relative to the factors that comprise my story, my erections are awesome. Surgery only effected the straight dick factor.

John

Gargamel23

[Full quote removed by ADMIN]

your erections will not get firmer,they will stay the same if all goes well and get softer if not