New member (No pun intended)

Previous topic - Next topic

josh50

Just thought id throw in a small, positive note. Like many guys I have experienced the anxiety of Peyronies disease (complicated by my Diabetes no doubt). Im in my late 50's. A girlfriend actually dumped me largely because of this issue.  Anyway, Just over two years ago I developed a fairly mild curvature but in two different places. A sharp, noticeable downward bend close to the base, but also a longer curve to the right of about 10-15 degrees.

No change for about 18 months after talking to a Consultant, but when I was finally given a Vacuum Pump and using it for about 20 mins a day for about six months there has definitely been improvement. The bend at the bottom is virtually gone and the severity of the curve is halved I reckon. I almost feel normal again in terms of Peyronies. So... all Im saying is that Vacuum devices CAN help if you persevere with them. At least it did for me. I didn't use it every day, I often had a day or two off.

I will add I never used a pump as an aid/preparation for intercourse. The second I released the Vacuum or tried to add a clip, it was game over for me.  I used it purely in the long term hope that it would have a straightening effect, and it has certainly made a difference.  Josh.

Paolo

Hi josh50, did you get your pump through NHS, please advise what type (make, model) also  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

josh50

Hi Paulo

Yes I got the kit through the NHS. Its a SomaErect Extra. Its easy to use after a little practice.  I don't think Ill ever be 100% "CURED" but its good to stop things getting worse and actually make real progress in the right direction. Don't forget it took me several months to really see and feel a difference. The real benefit though was psychological. Im not in a relationship but it made me feel that if I was determined enough I could help myself. No guarentees of course, because we are all different.  

One more thing. The knowledge that I was doing everything I could was beneficial. And over the six months I better came to terms with my condition and its implications. I even recovered my sense of humour.  

If you have any more questions just let me know.