A little intro to my issue

Previous topic - Next topic

Tmacca

Already made a post but thought I'd introduce myself, I'm an 18 yo from Australia who has pure shame and embarrassment about the shape of my penis. It curves left from about 25 to 40 degrees and I have noticed a curve from my early days of masturbation.  WhenI look in mirror it looks alright as it tilts up a bit whilst the curve is still there. I have no pain and no issues with my penis what so ever but when I point it down It just looks terrible. I do have depression from this and it is doing my head in and I do plan to tell my parents so we can sort out what to do. When I was 16 I did have a sporting accident where a football probably going about 100km hit my groin area which did cause a fair amount of pain but cause no issues afterwards.

I don't know why I've become so worked up about it all of a sudden as I have no pain or anything that cause me any harm but the shape just makes me feel ashamed.

Well that's my story, any thoughts would be appreciated to alleviate my worries so I can live with nothing to worry about.

Paolo

Tmacca, your thinking about it because your hormones are at a peak (18-21 Years old typically).

Speak to your father as previous quote and then see what can be done IMHO  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

NeoV

Unfortunately for a lot of us guys, our dads aren't able to or weren't able to talk to us about sex quite properly. It isn't an easy task!

Your penis means little to a woman, so long as it "fits the bill," and is indeed, a penis. Try to keep your penis healthy with careful masturbation and sexual activity, and a good diet and exercise, do not masturbate too often or go on masturbation binges.

If your penis is naturally curved and is a bit extreme, there are surgeries to fix that. There is plenty of information here on the forums about "congenital curvature." Check there, and research it exhaustively before getting surgery.

You could also look into traction, which is very effective for straightening out the penis over time, but at your age I would be very very careful. If I was curved naturally, I would certainly be using traction daily. Still, this requires exhaustive research and no single mistake can be made if you are doing it by hand. Since your curve is not going to disappear anytime soon, research traction and corrective surgeries, learn every single possible solution!

This way, when you do meet a girl to sleep with, at least you can explain it to her, and options to take the burden off yourself a bit. "Yes I have this weird issue but I am doing this or know about this which could fix it, if I chose to do so," is a much better explanation than "I don't know what to do boohoo...," or ignoring it completely! Be open, laugh about it, it's all good man.

At the end of the day, you could life your entire life with a natural curve and satisfy any damn woman you please. If you really want it to be different, there may be other options but look into them very carefully.

Last but not least, I do think that congenital curvature increases your risk for Peyronie's, if only because of an increased amount of pressure on the longer side of your penis during sex or masturbation. My penis curved up naturally at your age, and it was the longer side (the under side) that ended up getting Peyronie's scarring. I was at high risk due to this curve I had, and I had the genetic component.

Always maturbate with a healthy erection at or close to 100%, never with a semi-flaccid penis, and sex should be done carefully. No girl on top unless YOU have control. Do not be shy about it, tell the girl straight up! Learning to embrace your sexuality is very key.

Tmacca

Cheers for the reply mate it's not terribly bad and and it's doable to work with and pretty sure I'm overthinking a lot of this as it really never phased and it's been like this for years I never really cared and I think a little embarrassment is starting creep in.

Tmacca

Besides I should bee grateful as there are a lot of people worse off than me not in terms of my issues but some with terminal illnesses (know a bloke my age with brain cancer) so I should really get over it and just get on with my life.