Peyronies of am I overthinking this

Previous topic - Next topic

Tmacca

So have a 30-40 degree left curve and it really has me worked up and with me being 18 and all it really is bringing some mental issues back that I've had before. My only symptons  to suggest that it could be peyronies is that it curves but then again I have no pain when erect, no erectile dysfunction and everything works fine during masturbation. I've noticed a curve since about 13 or 14 and I did take a blow to the groin area during a football match which did cause some pain and bruising for about 2-3 days.

I also want to know if I should tell my parents about it so I can see a urologist about this just to bring some peace of mind but then again the embarrassment of it is overwhelming and I can't stop thinking about this let alone trying to figure what I'll do when I girl sees my funny looking package (still virgin).

Is there also anyway I could straighten it up a bit so it doesn't look so retarded and funny looking so any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Paolo

Hi Tmacca, and welcome to the forum. I don't think this is Peyronie's, typically a Peyronie's curve appears literally 'overnight' and can be much more severe looking than say a congenital curve (born with it).

It was probably caused as you say by a blow to your groin area (wear a cup if you can) during Football. If you have no pain then think this is a good sign, at 13-14 Years of age your penis would not have fully developed, therefore it could be congenital.

Can I ask you what your relationship is with your father?, is it an open and honest relationship, ideally it is so tell him of your concerns, really you have nothing to be embarrassed about, don't sit on the fence with this ask your father to set up a consultation with an urologist.

Hope it goes well, don't over think this!!  :)
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Tmacca

Cheers for the reply, me and my dad have a very good relationship but I'd rather talk to my mum about these things cause she's probably a bit more understanding.

I think my problem is it's all psychological and every time I'm erect and I look at it I just feel disheartened when I know that many men have the exact same thing like me.

mischa

Tmacca, if you are overly concerned there's no way to feel better about it without getting checked. I know your mom might in your mind help after all she could tell you if your dad has a congenital curve but I would as a father want to work this out with my son. Close or not I would be a little upset if my own son went to his mom to ask a concerning question about his dick. She's gonna talk to himany way. My opinion.
Mischa😕

JohnWright

Tmacca -- The most obvious options you have, especially if this is a curve that you are born with:

- Delay talking to your parents and not only suffer the emotional and psychological impact as a male with a curved dick, these are effects that only get worse as you age and that you pack along like raggedy old baggage 24 hours a day. It twists your brain. Does that sound like fun? Typical male behavior. But the worst possible choice nonetheless.

- Talk to your parents and be free! You don't have to bear the burden alone. Parents are usually fierce fighters for their kids. They will not want you to face the life you are already contemplating. There is no doubt that you should do this. Be a man among men, and talk to your parents.

John

Tmacca

Cheers man I've measured it properly with a protractor and the bend is about 35 degrees which from what I've heard is pretty normal and won't matter to much and I will tell my parents as it took me to long to come out about some of my mental issues and don't want to make that mistake again.