pentox & stomach ulcers ?? clomiphene side effects

Previous topic - Next topic

veda

I saw another Uro Dr.that deals with Peyronies Disease after first Uro Dr said to wait & see.... He gave me a Px for pentox & clomphine for low T..... I have been under bad stress for about 2years and after reading online I feel I have a problem with excess Cortisol in my system and am looking into lowering that before taking the clomid,,, its also stated that clomid can cause eye problems the same as I already have, chronic dry eye ,floaters etc so Im not rushing to take it ....My T level is 302 Im 60 years old... No ED.... About the pentox,,, I have read that it is a blood thinner, I had a  stomach ulcer in april 2016 due to Aleve which was healed with Dexilant....Im wondering if Pentox would be the same as Aleve and can cause another stomach ulcer ???.... Recapping I am 12 mts  into Peyronies Disease,, I have a 1cm plaque @ lower end of shaft with a slight dent on right side with little right bending  under 30% have good erections,no size issues, no pain....I take Mega mens vit,,fish oil,krill oil,,,,useing shower hot water massage on area with very gentle massage on plaque area.....Thanks for looking......

Arabia

It is interesting how many members on this board state that their Peyronies Disease started while under significant stress, often for several years.  It would be interesting to see if this leads to elevated TGF-B but certainly it leads to elevated cortisol initially but over time can lead to low cortisol as the body just can't pump out any more hormone.  

Pentox should not cause stomach ulcers and is not an anti-inflammatory like Aleve, Motrin, Advil, etc.  I don't believe it is a blood thinner in the traditional sense rather it makes blood flow 'easier' by making the red blood cell wall more flexible in the capillaries.  Ask your FP first but I think you are good to go with the Pentox and as many have suggested on here start slowly with one a day for a week and work your way up from there if having side effects.

The natural way to lower your cortisol and raise your testosterone is exercise, aerobic for the former and resistance for the latter. There is lots of science backing this up.

Paolo

Arabia,
That would be adrenal fatigue, which can be caused  (IMHO) by excessive stress, and excessive exercise  :-\

Quote from: Arabia on January 14, 2017, 05:16:58 PM
It is interesting how many members on this board state that their Peyronies Disease started while under significant stress, often for several years.  It would be interesting to see if this leads to elevated TGF-B but certainly it leads to elevated cortisol initially but over time can lead to low cortisol as the body just can't pump out any more hormone.  

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Arabia

Yes you are correct but it takes a lot of exercise or stress to induce a permanent state of 'adrenal fatigue' or Addison's disease.  Most people have transient episodes throughout life where there is enough cortisol to satisfy daily basal needs, but not enough for surges needed under periods of stress.   Even a bad flu can leave one fatigued for weeks and that is nothing other than temporary adrenal fatigue, but over time with rest and good diet the body recovers.

My question would be is there a correlation between the onset of Peyronies Disease and one of these cortisol states either hypercortisolism (high) or low levels as is found in adrenal fatigue?  Is cortisol controlling the TGF-B levels or visa versa?  I have not see those questions answered but then again I did not look that hard.  Pentox apparently acts by lowering TGF-B but that may be a very simplistic analysis.