Please explain to me how you all can bear the pain

Previous topic - Next topic

yyy

Hi everyone,

I tried xiaflex twice, but in separate times, the first in December 2014 and the second after 18 months.

In both times I had anesthesia but the pain was still unbearable during the shot. after that it did not hurt anymore, but after 4-5 hours I could not walk because I felt like knife hits  into my penis, believe me it was the worst pain in my life; fortunately the only way to get relief was to keep the penis in an upward position till the following day. You can imagine that it is not possible for me to get a new shot only after 3 days. Both times I did not see any result but the fault can be given to the wrong protocol followed. For the experts, please give your opinion, thanks

QuackAttack

YYY,

Xiaflex definitely didn't work because you didn't follow the protocol. That isn't to say that it would have worked had you followed the protocol. I may not be the best person to compare pain with because I have a very high pain threshold (I went surfing the same day I had my wisdom teeth extracted). However, with respect to Xiaflex, I think the lidocaine is the worst part. I believe most of the bruising and swelling came from the lidocaine. I just had the first injection in my 3rd cycle on Friday and my URO used 1/3 the amount of lidocaine as the 1st 2 cycles and the swelling and bruising is much less. That being said, I am going back in for the 2nd injection for cycle 3 tomorrow and I am thinking of going without or getting 1/2 of what I got on Friday, but the key to keeping the swelling and pain down has been keeping my penis wrapped between injections 1 and 2, and 3-4 days after the 2nd injection. I'll keep you posted on what my perception of the pain was with even less or no lidocaine by Tuesday or Wednesday.

I would give it another go and make sure to get Coflex (wrap) from your URO to take home and keep it wrapped and you should do better.

yyy

thanks for your reply, I can tell you that my problem is only the unbearable pain, during the procedure and after 4-5 hours, till the following day. No bruising, no big swelling.

I don't believe the pain is caused by the lidocaine, I'm pretty sure no one felt the pain I feel with the shots, I'm trying to understand why.

I was wondering if anyone got a single shot and not an entire cycle like I did.

QuackAttack

YYY,

I had the second injection and went with 1.5 cc of lidocaine. I could feel the Xiaflex go in, but it was only a pressure-like feeling, not painful, but I wouldn't go below that. My URO looked at me like I was crazy when I told him I wanted to 1/2 the lidocaine. I told him it was fine and I would man up. With that said, I was feeling a pricking sensation, so I took off the Coflex and by penis began to swell. I quickly put more Coflex on, but not before the swelling occurred. I am hoping that it won't be a big deal.

yyy

Am I the only one who experienced unberable pain during and after the shots?

QuackAttack

YYY,

The second injection of this cycle was particularly hard. I got a couple of hematomas and I had quite a bit of pain on the side of my shaft where the injection entered. However, the pain has gone away mostly and my URO had me put hot moist washcloths on it for 5-10 minutes.

bamaboy101

Quote from: yyy on January 09, 2017, 01:52:18 PM

I was wondering if anyone got a single shot and not an entire cycle like I did.

I have only had the first 2 shot cycle so far.  4 weeks out, and beginning to prepsre for second cycle.  Results so far have been more along the lines of return of elasticity than reduction of bend.  It is obvious to me that my penis is stretchable more now than it was.  It had shortened and become rigid feeling, even when flaccid.

As for pain, I had 2 spots of intense pain during the first injection, but not bad during second injection.  The Dr opined that he probably struck a nerve moving the needle around during the first injection.  That would certainly explain the high level of my pain momentarily.  Thankfully, it did not last long.  I had significant swelling and bruising with the first injection, also.  The second injection was not as bad, but the second injection was further back on the shaft. The first was closer to the glans.

I am hoping for continued improvement with minimal side effects,but I do understand that each injection is a totally different experience.

yyy

bamaboy

I also experienced no improvements on the plaque size or curvature reduction, but exactly like you I got evident improvements on elasticity.