xiaflex. yes or no

Previous topic - Next topic

beentheredonethat

iv been reading through these posts and still cant make my mind up or at least gather the information i need too make my mind up. iv seen the hematoma photos. iv seen implant pics etc etc. i have a bananna like curve and as of recently i can feel hard plague on inside of apex exactly where ud think ud feel it. i went to a uro recently after not going to one for 7 years. my old uro gave me nesbit surgery which was fine untill it started curving again. i am now in a position where im waiting for it to stabalize. when flaccid and i piss i basically piss to my left full 90 degrees. i do not however want to do any more damage at all. my uro told me about a patient of his who had xiaflex injections then used ved and hand the side of his cock blow out basically. it would appear no uro in aus is quallified enough or knows enough about peyronies to take advice from in my opinion. all these stories on here are more accurate and tell you more. so.. my question is. do you think xiaflex is worth taking the risk? or am i gonna have to bite the bullet and get a graft...which seems like the way to go just risky.. fod i dont wana end up one day having to get the implant. please let me know if i should even bother.. iv dealt with this for 10 years + and it is seriously affecting my life now. uro basically said if i could have sex to leave it. he doesnt understand but, hez not the one with the bent dick. if you have had success please let me know. about 40 degrees left and twisted. getting worse i reckon since i tried traction. im seriouslt considering grafting surgery as a last resort. any feedback appreciated

bucfan

Hello, I understand what you are saying...I too have a banana shaped cock when erect. I was at 85 degrees before xiaflex and improved to 45 degrees to the left and 10 degrees upward. I am not at all satisfied where I am and have been trying other options that are not surgical. I recommend trying xiaflex but ONLY if it is administered by an experienced, qualified urologist. This forum does have a listing of qualified Petronius doctors by country, please have a look.  

QuackAttack

Been,

I am going for my third cycle of Xiaflex on Firday and I would say I have had about 5-10 degrees of improvement. I am noticing nocturnal erections significantly more of late. I would say it is like being in my 20's again. If you follow your URO's advice and go conservatively, I think you'll be OK. Isn't there anybody in Sidney or Brisbane with enough experience?

bamaboy101

I am one week out from my first series of injections.  

No pain, and the penis feels normal now, but I see no real difference in the bend as of yet.  The shaft does seem to be more elastic and flexible than it was, but the bend is the same at this time.  

Will see how it goes for the future and next series.

beentheredonethat

bamaboy keep us updated please. am interested to hear how you go. apparently the bloke that had the side of his cock blow out after xiaflex was using a pump (i guess to increase the stretching). dont do anything brutal whatever you do. am very interested to hear results. and quackattack my uro said thst same guy got the injections in melbourne. once i see proof on here or make my mind up i guess. ill act on it! at this point cutting the whole graft out and putting healthy flesh there instead sounds like a good idea. apparently it can be bad in the long run but so i dunno. at least if i try xiaflex i can always go graft later i guess...

QuackAttack

Been,

I just had the first injection of cycle 3 today and my URO and I talked about the excision and grafting procedure which is the only surgery that removes the plaque and he said one complication from it is that it can leave you limp, if you know what I mean. Not something that I am interested in doing. I can tell you so far my experience is positive even though I was hoping for the moon each time, but that just doesn't happen. I have some improvement though and hope for more over the next couple of cycles. If you do have Xiaflex leave the Coflex wrapping on and get more and stay wrapped until the second injection and then for another 3-4 days after the second injection. Doing this will greatly reduce swelling. I also had less lidocaine this cycle (far less in fact) and it went much better from an afterward pain perspective. I may go with none on Monday or the on the 4th cycle.

beentheredonethat

[Full previous quote removed]

so how many cycles are there?? what sortov time frame are we talking here (how long do i have to have off work) and couldnt they just keep injecting it till its stretched to a suitable length? i know im dreaming but its wishfull..

QuackAttack

Been,

That is dreaming. It doesn't work like that. Xiaflex breaks down collagen in the plaque with the idea that the modeling portion of the treatment (i.e. stretching) will create micro tears and straighten out the curve.  As far as time lost from work, Since I work on Base, I just walk over to Walter Reed, (5 minutes) and get the treatment done. After waiting room and procedure time, I am back in my office in less than two hours. So, you won't miss work other than your appointment. If you follow the protocol that I am using after the injection (keeping your penis wrapped several days) you'll greatly reduce swelling and bruising. There are usually 4-6 cycles. Each cycle consists of 2 injections 3 days apart. Each cycle is separated by 6-8 weeks. Depending on how well things are progressing my URO will go up to 8 cycles. My URO waits 2-3 months between the 4th and 5th cycles to give your penis a rest from the Xiaflex.

bamaboy101

I am not 4 weeks oit from the first cycle, and preparing for the second cycle in a couple weeks.  US Bio is preparing shipment of the drug to my Urologist this week.

First injection was closer to the glans, and caused more pain during the injection, as well as more bruising and swelling han the second, which was further up the shaft.  As for the injections themselves, they both hurt, but it was bearable without any numbing agent.  Shot only takes about 10 seconds...but it is a long 10 seconds.

Results for me have been more return of flexibility and stretchability than correction of the bend, so far.  I had lost length/girth and experienced rigidity even when flaccid.  I can tell a difference in texture after the first series.  Hoping all goes well with the second series.  Baby steps....

BX642

I have been through the Xiaflex cycle, which was administered through a peyronies expert. I have had some curve reduction, and I've been able to regain some lost length; from a combination of Xiaflex , Traction, and modeling. Modeling is ok but traction in my opinion made a big difference. I use the US PhisioMed traction device. I wish I had started with it earlier. If you do use it start slow and work your way through the process.

I would not personally consider surgery unless I could not have intercourse in my current condition.

Just remember, attack this awful disease with what works best for you personally. Be patient but take action.

Keep your mind right!

Good Luck!!  

beentheredonethat

iv had nesbit.. it made what i had bearable. i used traction 7 years or so later and set my peyronies off again. i asvise everyone to stay away from that path. wish i had of just stayed the way i was. remember. it could always be worse.. that should be the motto for this site. i have noticed over the last 2 months my calcificstion has increased.

i can now feel like a 1/4 of a pea piece of plague jnder skin at main apex of curve with maybe 1cm of it above it sortov connecting it. definatley got worse over 1 year since using traction. iv been smoking and drinking to just piece my head together. read a few things on smoking not helping.. fuk boys. what ya meant to do. im almost 30 and this has legit ruined my life.

absolutely destroyed me. gonna get this xiaflex soon. whats to lose

mischa

I know yippy feel like if nothing gonna help any way why give up what you love. Don't get me wrong I want to be healthy but sometimes you just want to say f**k it! I've not gotten worse, but not gotten better either. Greatful for that, but it's so damn disheartening to have a threatening dick problem, really.....only each of us know how the others feel. No uro doc without a dick problem gets it.....really
Mischa😕

Rotis

You are watched for repeatedly not obeying the forum rules regarding quotes, moderator
I have done mor or less extreme treatment compared to what I read here, I had 10 injections, first two times rounds of two, then my doctor said he believes one or two makes no difference so he continued in giving one at a time with 3-4 weeks in between. I have now had 10 shots and am really satisfied. Peyronies reduced my erectile length by 4 cm and I have now gained 3 back. Every shot gave a small almost not noticeable difference but together they made a huge difference. The side effects are ugly with swelling and purple coloring due to internal bleeding but that goes over within a week. After four shots I started to massage the soft tissue at the place of the injection heavily while stretching . I think that made a big difference. I strongly recommend you to try. The doctor I visited have been treating 4 patients and he says that all of them have had progress.

beentheredonethat

that is really comforting news mate. exactly what i wanted to hear. ill make some calls this week i think and hopefully find a competent doctor in aus. do you know if it has to be stable? shouldnt matter hey!?

Rotis

I don't know, I started one year after getting Peyronies