numbing gel for Verapamil injections?

Previous topic - Next topic

phoenix1647

Does anyone know if there is a numbing gel that can be used for the verapamil injections rather than doing the numbing shots?
I have read that those people that are doing the PRP shots use a numbing gel.  

I am thinking of starting the verapamil injections soon and would rather not have the shots if something just as good in available.

Old Man

My 2 cents of this subject:

My ortho surgeon uses a numbing spray when he injects my shoulders for rotator therapy. It works great with only a slight sting with a fairly large/long needle.

It might work for verapamil injections. Ask next time you get the shots.

Age 92. Peyronies Disease at age 24, Peyronies Disease after
stage four radical prostatectomy in 1995, Heart surgery 2004 with three bypasses/three stents.
Three more stents in 2016. Hiatal hernia surgery 2017 with 1/3 stomach reduction. Many other surgeries too.

phoenix1647

Thanks Old Man.  Sure not looking forward to getting the numbing shots.

csm101

i did verap shots over the summer. My Uro used a lanacine freezing beforehand. didnt hurt at all. waited 5 mins then did the verap shots all good. no worries you'll be fine

mischa

When I got priapis shots they just had me wrap my dick with lidocaine or similar brand cream. My dick was so numb I thought it had fallen off. Never felt a thing!  
Mischa😕

phoenix1647

:)  Thanks guys for your input.  I will ask my uro to try these before getting the shots.  

It just seems to me, that when researching this material, I got the feeling there was no other way except the numbing shots until I read something about the PRP stuff.  

skunkworks

Personally I have never heard of a positive result from verapamil injections.
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]