Should I be concerned?

Previous topic - Next topic

whydoyouneedthis

So I'm not sure if this is actually Peyronie's, and I'm looking for opinions.

I'm 25, and about a month ago, I woke up with my dick sore. The pain felt like it was deep in my shaft on one side below the head. It was mostly while I flaccid though possibly a little worse after I masturbated. I noticed what seemed to be a bump around where the pain was, though it was only visible when I was hard and seemed just like a large vein or something. My pain decreased until it was just a mild sense of something off rather than pain. About a week or two after this, I noticed some red bumps etc, that after another week or so I decided was a mild outbreak of herpes, that was accompanied by mostly itching in my crotch area. There were also a few small (like half of a pinky nail) of what seemed like bruises on my dick, one near where the pain originally was, and in other spots. These "bruises" faded, but the bumps remained. I got a herpes prescription about a week ago, and the bumps are slowly starting to get better. I'm not sure if this is because it was really herpes (the doctor said it looked unusual, and the bumps were mostly on my thighs). The last three days I've been masturbating slightly more than usual (I'm procrastinating on a project), and I've noticed the pain has gotten worse again, though not as bad as it was when I first woke up with it. One of the bruise spots returned, next to where the original was, and today I noticed that in that spot there is now a very small dent when I'm erect, though two small veins seem to be sticking out more prominently there.

Obviously I"m going to try to avoid masturbating the next few days, but my questions are as follows:
1) Does this sound like Peyronie's? Or is it just something with herpes? Or something else?
2) I've seen some vague mentions of thrombosed veins/lymph in your penis causing similar symptoms, but no good descriptions on the internet. Insight?
3) I'm under the impression at this stage, with nothing definitely wrong, there's not much point going to a doctor. Would they just tell me wait and see?
4) The horror stories you read are (I assume) the worst case scenario. How many men don't get better, but never go beyond the small dent etc if that's what this really is?

whydoyouneedthis

Also, I can't feel a bump, but I can feel the dent while I'm flaccid

LWillisjr

It does not sound like Peyronies to me.

I am not familiar with Herpes.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

NeoV

It sounds like lymphatic or vascular inflammation, which often accompanies penile damage.

They can get very pronounced under the glans and stick out quite a bit. They are bluish in color.
Unfortunately a doctor and urologist is unlikely to be able to help you with this or even know how to diagnose or measure the damage.

It's also possible you had herpes at the same time in the same area. Herpes doesn't have to be sores, it can be a rash or just redness, as you probably know.

The best course of action in my mind anyway, is to abstain from masturbation for as long as you can. Vascular stuff takes a very long time to go away. In my case it took a year of repeated week long sessions of abstaining from masturbation. If your penis hurts, DO NOT HAVE SEX OR MASTURBATE. It's absolutely ridiculous that you would even consider it if you're sore. Do NOT check your erections or "edge," just stop even touching it. I know this is hard at first, but you can do it. Take an anti-inflammatory or a natural one such as Bromelain or nattokinase to get the inflammation out of your penis.

Many men have dents that stay their entire lives or worsen slightly. Most cases of Peyronie's are not full blown bends but rather small dents and hourglassing. They are very unlikely to improve unless you get serious about your penile health. Even the most rigorous treatments can have only minor results if all aspects aren't covered.