Post Peyronies Disease Surgery. Can't stay asleep!

Previous topic - Next topic

John Hank

Hi!

It has been 6 days since the operation, (Nesbit, Peyronies Disease), where I also got my frenulum cut. I am having problems. Obviously I knew it would hurt when getting erections, but I really can't sleep for more than 45-60 mins at a time. I wake up with a painful erection, even 6 days after. This forces me to wake up 8 times a night, where I have to calm the erection down and go back to sleep 20-30 min. after waking up. I feel like i'm not reaching REM sleep, which makes me tired and gives me a headache. I take 2x paracetamol and 1x ibuprofen every night. I also tried a night without medication, no difference. Is it really normal to wake up this many times after surgery??

Also I took a shower yesterday, and suddenly I was dripping blood. How can I still bleed 6 days after the surgery? The blood comes from the cut frenulum. I have been bleeding a little bit every day, but this time I was dripping.

Any help?

JohnWright

John Hank --

- If there's anything that is causing you serious distress, call your surgeon's office.
- They should have advised you to use bags of frozen peas. I bought a Costco-size bag, from which I bagged a bunch of quart bags. Keep these all frozen. Then I kept a cooler by my bed with several of the smaller bags on ice to use during the night. I'd swap these out with new ones from the deep freeze later. Do not allow direct skin contact with that tender area. I used a dry wash cloth between me and the peas.
- In the freezer, make sure and keep the bags in their own area, maybe on a towel. Don't cross contaminate your food supply.
- The cold peas were amazing. A man's best friend at this time.
- Also, try sleeping naked. Any undergarments pressing on your dick, especially while it is getting ready to surge, makes the pain worse.
- At night, I also found that if I rolled onto my back and gently held my dick straight up, perpendicular and north, I had reasonable relief. I would then be able to drift back to sleep again.
- I recall that, I too, had a little bit of blood in that region for a good week. Every man's body is different, and each surgeon's approach slightly different.
- DO NOT masturbate or have sex. Your goal is to do everything in your power to 1) avoid infection, and 2) prevent complications. Having sex or jerking off will violate both of those two simple tenets. SIX WEEKS minimum.

The link to my diary is in tiny print at the bottom of this post. Check it out! It will help.

This, too, shall pass. My dick is doing AWESOME. Time will fly and you'll get to the other side.

Regards,

John

LWillisjr

Quote from: John Hank on December 06, 2016, 07:34:36 AM

Also I took a shower yesterday, and suddenly I was dripping blood. How can I still bleed 6 days after the surgery? The blood comes from the cut frenulum. I have been bleeding a little bit every day, but this time I was dripping.

Did your doctor say anything about bathing/showering?!! Normally you are to keep water off the sutures for a week.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

Stepone

John,
I would suggest you call your surgeon.
I did have uncomfortable erections and pain in my penis for months, but no bleeding.
Please call your doctor and tell him everything that is happening.
My hopes are with you.
Nesbit surgery 2015, 66 years young, Titan Implant 4/25/19, 22cm, Dr. Lentz, Duke University NC