X4 Traction Device Day One, Thoughts and Questions

Previous topic - Next topic

smithy365

Received my traction device from X4 Labs today. (I posted about their "Black Friday" sale, which is still on by the way)

Read over the instructions and tried it out. I started with the wide "comfort" straps.

At first the foam sleeve bunched up and I ended up pinching my skin when pulling the strap tight. (Yeah, that freakin' hurt!) Started over and made sure the foam sleeve wasn't bunched up. Pulled it tight and released tension, held great, and didn't hurt, I was surprised.

Had a nice stretch to it, but when I looked at the marks, the device was fully extended, so I added a extension rod. It stretched tighter, and was not to the first mark. I left it alone, and wore it for 2 hours without issue.  (The instructions don't say anything about tension, only how to adjust it.)

I was also surprised at how easy it was to conceal. I honestly feel like I could go anywhere with this thing on. After I put it on, I bent it straight down and pulled my pants up. You cannot even tell it is there. I wear loose/baggy cargo pants.   I came downstairs and showed my wife, and she couldn't believe that I had it on....So, I showed her!

It is a little ackward to bend over to pick something up, or when sitting or getting up from a chair, but otherwise I found it easy to wear and not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Also I checked the springs. The one I bought advertises 3000 grams. At the first mark it is at about 1300g, at the 2nd 2000g, and at the 3rd 3000g.

A few questions for X4 veterans, especially those who have had results.

1) How much tension? I don't want to overdo it, but I also don't want to waste time.

2) How tight is too tight when fastening?  I tightened enough that it seemed to hold ok, but after 2 hours, I had slipped a little, but didn't come all the way out. What are the warning signs that it is too tight?

3) What were your results for bent (erect) penis?  I have at least a 30 degree sharp bend about 1 inch below the glans. I know that improvement will take a long time. Would love to hear of positive results.

4) I couldn't find one, but has anyone put together a general protocol like there is for the VED devices?

Thanks for your help.

QuackAttack

Smithy,

All rod traction devices are pretty much the same. In fact, the better ones are manufactured by the same company, X-4, Sizegenetics, Peyronies Device, etc. With the tension, don't over do it. Go with the 1200 grams for a few weeks, then you can up it. Wear it for maybe 2-3 hours a day for the first week and up it by an hour every 3-4 days after that. Then you can start increasing the tension. If you have lost any erection strength, you should notice improvement there first. Don't expect to see a perfectly straight rod in a month or two. You might see improvement in girth relatively shortly, but length and reduced curvature are much slower.

smithy365

Just about done with hour number 2 (Total of 4) not too bad, a bit less comfortable this round, but it is the first day.

I can see being able to do this at least 4 hours a day on most days, especially if I split it morning and evening.

I don't think I really lost much girth, but some length and "erection quality"  - I don't get as hard at the head as it did before.

Really hoping to get some straightening, it is probably getting close to being unusable.  Haven't been able to try for weeks

due to some equally horrible issues that my wife is having... Very frustrating. We are both in our early 50s and are not

ready to be done with sex.

Here's hoping!

LWillisjr

This is a direct quote from Dr. Levine. "Wear it with a comfortable stretch". He feels best results are from wearing it for longer periods of time as opposed to tighter stretch for a shorter period.
Developed peyronies 2007 - 70 degree dorsal curve
Traction/MEDs/Injections/Surgery 2008 16 years Peyronies free now
My History

NDCPey

Just started using this same product this week as well. Found the same questions as you. The tension seems to be good, but how tight are you guys pulling the comfort strap? I feel like I slip if it isn't tight enough, but it makes me nervous that I may be cutting off circulation to the tip. Any thoughts on your experiences?  

LWillisjr

You need to tighten down to the point you don't slip. And you need to take a 15-20 minute break after 2 hours of wearing. Your glans will fill cold and will need the blood flow.
My History

bamaboy101

I have a question regarding the traction devices.

I am uncircumcised, so there is some difficulty grasping the penis firmly and holding it stretched...the skin wants to slip back over the head.

Does the traction device fit snugly enough and comfortably enough for an uncircumcised penile fit and long term wear?

LWillisjr

You should pull back your foreskin so that you can secure yourself to the traction device. IF you try to do it over the foreskin I think you will keep slipping out.
My History

Greg07

[Full quote removed]

Hm, my head is quite sensitive and I dont think I can wear a device for hours with foreskin pull back. Should I consider noose extenders instead of strap one?

skunkworks

You'd need to pull foreskin back with the noose as well.  
This is an emotionally destructive condition, we all have it, let's be nice to each other.

Review of current treatment options by Levine and Sherer]